When will ford build a REAL Truck?

petersene

I have owned Ford vehicles for the past 20+ years. I currently have a 2009 f350 DRW crew cab. I'm very disappointed in the quality of the truck. from the begining I have had problems with this truck. It started with an electrical problem that took days to fix (which happened while I was on vacation). Then I had it in because the 4x4 shifter rattled and the leather on the steering wheel and seats started wearing like crap. They replaced the steering wheel, fixed the shifter and wouldn't replace the seat cover. Now this truck is very well taken care of. Used only for pleasure and garaged. It has only seen rain a handfull of times. I then had it in for excessive smoke while in regen and making oil(about 4 quarts after 5,000 miles) After arguing for days they looked into it and said all is normal. I believe that a new truck should not do that. Now after the warranty is over the engine is leaking oil, temp sensor stoped working so the a/c doesn't get cold and now while on vacation I have a really bad wobble(death wobble) that I don't know how I'll make it home with. This truck has 48,000 miles on it. Previously I had a 1999 f250 with vertually no problem until well after 200,000 miles.

When will Ford wake up and stop building these glorified grocery getters. I use it to haul a truck camper and car trailer. I want a real truck that is dependable. I thought with buying this truck I would have it for 10+ years. Now after 2-1/2 years I hate this truck and want to get something else. What would my options be?

I have owned Ford vehicles for the past 20+ years. I currently have a 2009 f350 DRW crew cab. I'm very disappointed in the quality of the truck. from the begining I have had problems with this truck. It started with an electrical problem that took days to fix (which happened while I was on vacation). Then I had it in because the 4x4 shifter rattled and the leather on the steering wheel and seats started wearing like crap. They replaced the steering wheel, fixed the shifter and wouldn't replace the seat cover. Now this truck is very well taken care of. Used only for pleasure and garaged. It has only seen rain a handfull of times. I then had it in for excessive smoke while in regen and making oil(about 4 quarts after 5,000 miles) After arguing for days they looked into it and said all is normal. I believe that a new truck should not do that. Now after the warranty is over the engine is leaking oil, temp sensor stoped working so the a/c doesn't get cold and now while on vacation I have a really bad wobble(death wobble) that I don't know how I'll make it home with. This truck has 48,000 miles on it. Previously I had a 1999 f250 with vertually no problem until well after 200,000 miles.

When will Ford wake up and stop building these glorified grocery getters. I use it to haul a truck camper and car trailer. I want a real truck that is dependable. I thought with buying this truck I would have it for 10+ years. Now after 2-1/2 years I hate this truck and want to get something else. What would my options be?

I have an F350 4x4 C/C 6.4 with 145000 and they only time it's been to the shop was for service and a transfer case seal. So I'm not sure what your problem is but Ford builds the best truck on the road.

O wait my 04 F550 with that 6.0L that everyone had a problem with has 346000 and still going strong.

O ya my 08 6.4L 4x4 that is my play truck is a strong running and with put it up against and chevy or dodge. It's pushing 700 HP. H&S thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...