Hello, I just ordered my C-Max Hybrid in Vancouver, B.C.

Laurel

I factory ordered an Ice Storm with stone interior today--it will have the 303 A package, no moon roof, but has park assist and all those goodies. We took the C-Max for a test drive yesterday. I believe our demo was the first one to arrive in British Columbia. I have been trying various hybrids for the past 10 months or so, and couldn't find one that appealed to me.

When we drove into the dealership yesterday and I spotted the C-Max, I immediately liked its looks. I thought the double grills and the whole look was very European and kind of expensive looking (well it is actually kind of expensive). I LOVED the seats being so high off the ground that you don't moan and groan trying to get in and out and you don't bang your head on the door frame as you get in and out as the clearance is wonderful. I think the C-Max should target the seniors market as I am 63 yrs. old and most of my friends complain that they cannot find a nice car that is easy to get in and out of. This one fills the bill.

We walked around checking out all the features before we took it on the road. Nice maneuverability with the steering wheel so you can position it right where it feels best for the driver. Seats in front were comfortable, lots of head room, nice storage in the door panels. The My Ford Touch did work perfectly for us on our test drive. It was easy to operate and it responded well to voice commands. Liked the back up camera that showed the tracking of the turns. Lots of head room in the rear passenger seats and space for two big men or three smaller people. Those seats do not move forward or back and don't recline. And the padding in those seats should be increased as they wouldn't be comfortable for a long trip. The rear seats fold down easily and are totally flat when down. There are a couple of hidden storage areas under the feet of the rear passengars for small items like cameras--you lift up a panel in the carpet where the feet rest. Kind of nifty. When the seats are flat there is lots of storage to transport things. It isn't big enough for a six foot tall man to stretch out without his feet hanging about six inches over the bumper, but it would work for a nap if you lay kitty corner on a long trip. The tail gate feature with a person swinging their foot under the bumper to open it was really cool.

The car had lots of pep. The transition from gas to battery is pretty seamless--just a little background rumbling sound. I liked the leaf gauge and the gauges on the far left that show various things like mileage and whether you are in EV mode etc. We found the car stayed in EV most of the time other than when going up grades and hills. Our demo had been averaging about 5.8 L per 100 kilometers which I think is great since a bunch of heavy footed customers had been testing it out over the past couple of days. Like us taking it up on the freeway and getting up to 120 kph from a dead stop. Handled the entry in heavy traffic pretty well--a little torquing to the right due to the front wheel drive.

The car feels solid and is very quiet and takes railway tracks and bumps very comfortably. We couldn't really find any negatives on our two hour test ride. Loved it, loved it, loved it!

Did the dinkering on my trade in today. Sheesh why would the sales manager think a 63 yr old woman would be impressed with an offer of nitrogen in the tires when I had asked for the first servicing to be free instead??? That would be fine for the younger men but I wanted something that was tangible to me. The dinkering was stressful and frustrating. That was the only negative for me. I was told the wait may be 8-12 weeks--hope it comes sooner.

I had a Prius a few years back and had it for 130,000 miles, still ran fine but I wanted something a bit more comfortable so I then got a 2010 Fusion Hybrid, which I like much better.

I recently test drove a C-Max, did have more power and seemed to drive much smoother than the Prius, I thought that thing always drove like a brick.

So good luck on your order, hope you see it soon!

• 3 weeks later...