Will Ford Motor Company Survive?

Pulse

will the union survive? we will see. i heard from a bitching teacher, angry for not getting a raise in 3 years... hey pulse when was the last time the uaw got a raise?? what happened to cola. i hear we will get a $250.00 xmas check. thank you. so union off your ASS and do something for the working person!!

no i try not to watch any tv shows. uaw production employees are payed at least $28hr. second tier... i don't count them, you should, because they will vote for what you get in the future....thanks to the uaw. so if i as a uaw worker want to put some of my pay to v-cap.. will it go to the right or left? do i as a uaw member have a choice to where it goes? is that right??

YES, you do have a choice. Knowing that your contribution will go to helping democrats, you have the choice to donate...OR NOT. By donationg, which ic strictly voluntary, you are giving them your permission to use your money as they se fit. you DONATED it.. you want to donate to republican causes? then don't donate to V-cap

UAW president Bob King pressed an ammendment to the Michigan Constitution to ban right to work , that he had to know was going to lose.UAW president Bob King 'jack-knifed' on an agreement with governor Snyder-R that King would support a new bridge to Canada and instead,Bob King endorsed a " special interest" ballot proposal by a billionaire who owns the existing Ambassador Bridge to Canada.Way to earn your salary,Bob!Can he please go join the united grocery store baggers union?I am forced onto AWS that require a 12 hour shift the first 10 hours at straight time;if my day to work falls on a company paid holiday I can be forced to work;I work mandatory weekends for time and a quarter;I start a night shift at 6:30 pm instead of 7pm like other plants do in order to save Ford 5% shift premium.I cant 'laterally bump' to another building where midnights starts at 7 pm to try and get out of my plight.Many job openings at other plants are not even offered to the electricians at my facility which is operating at 110% capacity.My co-workers would just as soon cut a special deal with the boss as say hi to me.What is left to bargain for anyways?My local has a recording that goes "The company can do that,The International says dont make waves or we will be fired"I did not vote to amend the constitution of Michigan to blah,blah,blah because I vote my principles.If people at a new company want to join a union they can still join a union.I will definetley remain a dues paying UAW member but just let me say,,,,,I am discouraged by always LOSING!

I cant 'laterally bump' to another building where midnights starts at 7 pm to try and get out of my plight.

Yes you can. There was new language added to the local agreement to allow a limited number of bumps every contact, and you can still arrange a trade between buildings. But you will be limited to Stamping and Frame, and they will probably be on an alternative schedule after the 2015 model launch.

will the union survive? we will see. i heard from a bitching teacher, angry for not getting a raise in 3 years... hey pulse when was the last time the uaw got a raise?? what happened to cola. i hear we will get a $250.00 xmas check. thank you. so union off your ASS and do something for the working person!!

It's been a long time since we got a wage increase...I'll give you that. But we did regain some of the concessions we had given in this last contract. Cola was a wash...it was ZERO when we let it go to help keep the company out of the bail-out mess; which by the way was the worst economic times since the great depression. Thanks to your buddy BUSH who squandered billions in surplus on a war he started to make his daddy proud. When you refer to doing something for the working person...are you referring to allowing you to work production instead of being laid off; or are you referring to getting you back to your tools? You have become an angry man Jerrymaker...and personally I think you are being ungrateful. You would have run out of sub pay and TAP if you didn't work production. NO other union besides the UAW would have been able to pull that off for YOU. I suggest you re-examine your position and adjust your attitude. You could even have taken the $50,000 and stayed on production. Hell...you could have taken the $100,000 and carried your whiny ass to a non-union shop for all that matters. Oh wait...non-union shops aren't hiring.

• Like 2

It's been a long time since we got a wage increase...I'll give you that. But we did regain some of the concessions we had given in this last contract. Cola was a wash...it was ZERO when we let it go to help keep the company out of the bail-out mess; which by the way was the worst economic times since the great depression. Thanks to your buddy BUSH who squandered billions in surplus on a war he started to make his daddy proud. When you refer to doing something for the working person...are you referring to allowing you to work production instead of being laid off; or are you referring to getting you back to your tools? You have become an angry man Jerrymaker...and personally I think you are being ungrateful. You would have run out of sub pay and TAP if you didn't work production. NO other union besides the UAW would have been able to pull that off for YOU. I suggest you re-examine your position and adjust your attitude. You could even have taken the $50,000 and stayed on production. Hell...you could have taken the $100,000 and carried your whiny ass to a non-union shop for all that matters. Oh wait...non-union shops aren't hiring.

wow! i never thought you were like that! i was forced to dtp production, they did not ask if you wanted to be laid off. they said report to dtp at this date. 50K and stay prod. at assy. plant. i can tell you there is NO union there. thats slave labor. YOU work at 56sec. per truck having to do the work that you need 1.15 sec. to do. no time to drink water. if you never did that work, clam it. like i said, i would have asked(begged) for a layoff instead of dtp! where will YOU go when your plant disolves? hope it's not DTP!! you call me angry, wow, this is the way the membership feels. maybe you are a little out of touch. ask them!

Edited by jerrymaker

Lets all calm down for a minute.First @Pioneer I saw a second list to sign up for lateral bump and electricians were not on that list.Also why am I limited to stamping or frame?I prefer engine plant.I am gonna say something and it is my opinion.The two UAW\Ford local unions I have belonged to has 'insiders' and 'outsiders'.Depending on which category you fit into has everything to do with what your job assingment and overtime oppurtunities will be.As far as Michigan becoming a Right To Work State.If,,,,If Governor Snyder is correct and as a result Michigan attracts more business than it would have otherwise then it is a good thing for all.Remember the union makes money off of our dues not necessarily by negotiating the best possible contract for us.I dont think much will change at Ford because Ford hourly really need a union and I hope it helps improve the economy overall.Democracy has spoken,like it or not.

Edited by Fatso

wow! i never thought you were like that! i was forced to dtp production, they did not ask if you wanted to be laid off. they said report to dtp at this date. 50K and stay prod. at assy. plant. i can tell you there is NO union there. thats slave labor. YOU work at 56sec. per truck having to do the work that you need 1.15 sec. to do. no time to drink water. if you never did that work, clam it. like i said, i would have asked(begged) for a layoff instead of dtp! where will YOU go when your plant disolves? hope it's not DTP!! you call me angry, wow, this is the way the membership feels. maybe you are a little out of touch. ask them!

Every action gets a reaction. Do you deny that you would have ran out of sub and TAP if you weren't working production? I know of TWO tradesmen that chose that route and believe me...they regretted it. Are you now NOT back to your tools? Nobody liked the mess we were thrown in...but if it had not been for the negotiating skills of the UAW it would have sucked even more. I hear and feel the anger everyday my friend, all I can do is try to point out the positives and potential disasters that were averted. It is up to the member to choose to appreciate whether or not the situation worked out best for them or not. How in the world you were denied an ILO is beyond me. I wish you the best and hopefully this situation will continue to improve...but with RTW in our faces now...I'm not so sure. Merry Christmas...I'm truly glad you got back to your tools.

Lets all calm down for a minute.First @Pioneer I saw a second list to sign up for lateral bump and electricians were not on that list.Also why am I limited to stamping or frame?I prefer engine plant.I am gonna say something and it is my opinion.The two UAW\Ford local unions I have belonged to has 'insiders' and 'outsiders'.Depending on which category you fit into has everything to do with what your job assingment and overtime oppurtunities will be.As far as Michigan becoming a Right To Work State.If,,,,If Governor Snyder is correct and as a result Michigan attracts more business than it would have otherwise then it is a good thing for all.Remember the union makes money off of our dues not necessarily by negotiating the best possible contract for us.I dont think much will change at Ford because Ford hourly really need a union and I hope it helps improve the economy overall.Democracy has spoken,like it or not.

I only mentioned Stamping and Frame because they are the only plants in the Rouge left on a traditional schedule. You have said before you don't like the alternative schedule.

And I bet those two go to an alternative schedule after the P552 launch.

Thanks Pioneer for your help.I am looking for a 7pm start time to a union negotiated mandatory 12 hour shift.Right now I start at 6:30 pm which is technically the afternoon shift,meaning only 5% shift premium.Add up 5% of your pay every year for four years and you will see what I mean.So now when I do get a bonus or profit sharing check I am simply getting 'made whole',compared to what other Ford employees working the night shift at other plants are getting paid.The night shift trades at DTP work 'cheaper than anybody',at what is probably Ford`s most profitable plant ,building the F-150 and Raptor at over 110% capacity.I just want equal pay and I am frustrated with being told ,"you work afternoons" {an afternoon shift that goes until 6:30 in the morning is ridiculous}or "each plant is a seperate entity"or"the company says it needs to keep costs down" or "the internantional says we cant make waves" or "Ford will just fire all of us".The half hour difference in start time for a 12 hour shift is a technicality which only serves to lower my pay 5%.6:30 pm till 6:30 am sure feels like mid-nights!I am worn out and feel that I am not being fairly compensated for my efforts.My only options at this point are to bump to day shift or a lateral bump to a building that starts mid-nights at 7 pm.I was told that engine plant has a mid-night shift that starts at 7pm.Could my union,the UAW now get back to representing its dues paying members instead of trying to solve all the problems of 'The World',Thanks for your advice!

Edited by Fatso