Steering wheel sensitivity

brianx

You might want to swing by your dealer and drive another similar vehicle. I'm not sure how "new" this rack-and-pinion with electric power assist steering technology is, but I've heard it provides precise control and is easy to vary the amount of assistance with the electric unit. You never know, yours might need tweaking or be defective, I mean there is software involved......

Edited by Escapism

My steering seems fine, if not superb. Can't say steering is on my target list of items that "bother" me. On the other hand, my hatch alignment DOES bother me and it doesn't seem like it can get any better than it is after two dealer visits. I'm in northern VA and work in DC so if you wantr to compare just let me know. What trim level do you have. And PLEASE report the hatch problem to Ford if it out of wack.

I have a Titanium also and find the steering a little too sensitive above city driving speeds. Constant corrections will definitely be tiresome on long trips. I assumed that it was something that I would just have to get used to. Please post what you find out.