New 2013 Ford Escape 2.0 4WD

stlswagger

I've owned my Escape for about a month now. had 54 miles on it when I bought it and am now around 1300 miles. This is the third Ford I've ever owned. The last one was a 2002 Explorer which honestly was a real POS that only lasted me a year before trading. I love this Escape. Traded in a 2007 Honda Element EX AWD for it and could not be happier.

Have been looking around for forum content for the Escape and this blue oval forum seems to have the most information or at least threads related to the 2013 so I'll make this my new home for now.

I've seen the threads about MPG and how many gallon's people have averaged to fill up (11-12). For the most part, I'm in the same boat. Two weeks ago, I drove it down to 2 miles remaining (granted the gas hand was really low) and managed to fill 13.8 gallons to first click and had squeaked 328 miles out of that tank using Prem fuel. Regardless of 11 gallons or 13 gallons, it's still better than the no matter what I did, 200-225 miles was all I could get out of the Honda Element with same sized 15 gallon tank.

I've only been in for a service related issue once since I bought it and that is because both my rear tail lights have condensation in the upper outside corners. As it gets colder, it's spreading. The dealer is still waiting on Ford to send the replacement taillights for free warranty install of truly sealed enclosures. The other issue which I figure I'll have them look at when I take it back to get the new lights is that sometimes when I turn off the car, remove the key and exit the car, the radio stays on until I arm the alarm. 99% of the time, this doesn't happen and I remove the key, open the door and electronics turn right off. I'm sure it's a Microsoft problem but it's happened maybe 4-5 times in the month of ownership.

Other than that, no complaints here. Waiting for aftermarket support, ability to order the HID headlights for an upgrade to my standard lights and replacing all the interior speakers and adding a 5 channel amp/small stealth sub to the rear. I love driving it and the first AWD vehicle I've had in a few years that reminded me of the driving dynamics of the last Audi A4 I had.