Magnaflow exhaust 2.0T

twiztedsix

Here's another option - a friend showed me this axle-back setup made by MRT for our Fusions. You can find sound clips of this one on youtube. I haven't seen any other options as of yet though, seems like the aftermarket is a bit slow to get going with the Fusion.

http://www.mrt-direct.com/2013-ford-fusion-eco-flow-exhaust.html

Looks like a good piece. I'll have to search for the clips when I get home after work. I'm just apprehensive about how the 2.0 is going to sound with exhaust work. Hope its good!

Looks like a good piece. I'll have to search for the clips when I get home after work. I'm just apprehensive about how the 2.0 is going to sound with exhaust work. Hope its good!

I agree, it looks to be well made and a simple install (just drop the old muffler and add this guy, looks to even use the existing hangers). It does sound pretty good, for a youtube video at least. Definitely seems to have more of a growl/rumble to it than the stock setup. Naturally the videos won't really give you a good opinion of what it would sound like when actually driving it, but at least it gives you an idea. I'm tempted to stop by MRT to see if they have a sample car with it installed to hear it in person (I live within 20mi of their headquarters).

Personally I haven't really had any issues with the exhaust note in my car, except for maybe at higher RPMs (>5000) where you get into more of the I4 scream that isn't ever really pleasant. The stock setup has a pretty nice muscular sound IMO and is blissfully quiet at low RPM. I'd hate to have some annoying drone at cruising speeds if I changed the exhaust...

That being said, I do wish I could hear the turbo more. I know it's just a little guy, so getting any sound out of it is physically tough anyways, but I'm hoping that some exhaust/intake adjustments would let you hear it better. I'm pleased with stock performance, but wish the turbo was more apparent acoustically from inside.

That being said, I do wish I could hear the turbo more. I know it's just a little guy, so getting any sound out of it is physically tough anyways, but I'm hoping that some exhaust/intake adjustments would let you hear it better. I'm pleased with stock performance, but wish the turbo was more apparent acoustically from inside.

It's not really the size of the turbo that makes it hard to hear, it's just that the engineers do everything possible to make it quiet. I have a hybrid K04 in my Audi (which I still need to sell...) and it's plenty loud. I have a very short intake so you can very easily hear the woosh of the turbo as well as the diverter valve when it dumps pressure (like a blow off valve). It's all in the plumbing.

• 2 weeks later...