Questions about cargo space

OK -- so short of buying and dragging the darn things to the dealership I can't seem to figure this out.

As such, I thought that I would ask around here.

Can I fit 2 Vari-Kennels (size large) behind the second row of seats (dogs facing outward)? This might seem like a small thing but it seems to be the number one thing driving my purchase of a new car.

The dimensions are 36 deep x 24 wide x 26 high. I'm neary sure that it can handle the width (with a little overlap and because it's not strictly a box). Likewise, the height isn't an issue. The real question (I think) is the length. Namely, how does the slope work? The diagrams I have only show the base length (38.6 inches) they don't show what you lose a little higher.

In any case, I would VERY VERY MUCH appreciate it if anyone has dogs and could tell me the answer. I'd really rather not buy an Expedition for the sole purpose of getting 3 extra inches in length. (insert crude joke about paying a couple grand for 3 more inches. ;) )

Thanks,

Steve

OK -- so short of buying and dragging the darn things to the dealership I can't seem to figure this out.

As such, I thought that I would ask around here.

Can I fit 2 Vari-Kennels (size large) behind the second row of seats (dogs facing outward)? This might seem like a small thing but it seems to be the number one thing driving my purchase of a new car.

The dimensions are 36 deep x 24 wide x 26 high. I'm neary sure that it can handle the width (with a little overlap and because it's not strictly a box). Likewise, the height isn't an issue. The real question (I think) is the length. Namely, how does the slope work? The diagrams I have only show the base length (38.6 inches) they don't show what you lose a little higher.

In any case, I would VERY VERY MUCH appreciate it if anyone has dogs and could tell me the answer. I'd really rather not buy an Expedition for the sole purpose of getting 3 extra inches in length. (insert crude joke about paying a couple grand for 3 more inches. ;) )

Thanks,

Steve

Outward i take it you mean (left / right) vs. rear facing?

The width is no issue ... not sure about 2 of them with seats up... i don't have any crates anymore... but think it would fit. The dishwasher i just got had lots-o-room around it still....