Boost Gauge Success

twiztedsix

I've just been using the Torque app with a bluetooth OBD2 adapter. Works perfect for me (I have a Galaxy S3) and there's no vacuum lines to run or anything. I've seen 20psi as a peak, drops to about 16psi on the top end.

My guess is the 20psi was an anomaly - Ford has said that peak boost for the 2.0L (in the Focus ST, too, where it has "overboost" programming included, so I'd expect a bit lower from the Fusion 2.0L) is 16psi. Here's some Ford marketing propaganda including it: http://media.ford.com/images/10031/Focus_ST_Ecoboost_I4_HR.pdf

That being said, the highest I've seen when using Torque is around 12psi. Guess I haven't hammered hard enough on the accelerator to see anything higher.

I tested more on the way home from work, I saw 20psi peak again with lots of times around 18-19psi. So either the Torque app isn't reading the OBD2 data right or the 2.0l Ecoboost in the Fusion is tuned different than the Focus ST.

These gauges read off of MAP, so you have to calibrate it to zero with the key on/engine off. fyi

These gauges read off of MAP, so you have to calibrate it to zero with the key on/engine off. fyi

Good point bucky, I was going to ask what he was seeing at idle to try and level set the values read, but key off is probably a much better reference.

FWIW, I see around 22in/Hg (around -11psi) at idle, in park (IIRC), through my adapter and the Torque app.

Didn't realize that, I think I've always connected with the car already running. I'll check that tonight whenever I'm able to leave work (stuck on a support call) and report back.