Arghhhh got a ticket...

howie411

So I got a ticket tonight for "Failure to Pay Full Time Attention" because my Escape lights were off. Normally they are on auto, but I guess when I had it at the dealership a few days ago they turned them off. Of course inside the Escape at night, even with the lights off, everything on the cockpit is lit up as well as the day time running lights. The 1 area I couldn't see (the rear lights) were off. Not sure if I'm more pissed at the dealership for turning it off, or myself from not noticing.

So I got a ticket tonight for "Failure to Pay Full Time Attention" because my Escape lights were off. Normally they are on auto, but I guess when I had it at the dealership a few days ago they turned them off. Of course inside the Escape at night, even with the lights off, everything on the cockpit is lit up as well as the day time running lights. The 1 area I couldn't see (the rear lights) were off. Not sure if I'm more pissed at the dealership for turning it off, or myself from not noticing.

That does suck, as a FYI next time, if you look on the 4 inch info screen, the vehicle image will show if the lights are on. as well on the bottom left of the instrument panel (Tachometer) you will see a green icon on also showing that your lights are on. Good luck

There are ways to fight that and personally I would just goto court if you can afford a day off based on ticket price and say the rear lights were defective and get a receipt from ford or a auto store then return them. Easy fix if you can not be at work for a fee hours

and say the rear lights were defective and get a receipt from ford or a auto store then return them

What could possibly go wrong by asking a Ford dealership and yourself to go into court and commit perjury for a sixty dollar ticket. .The time spent in court and finding someone to write up a bill that's fraudulent is going to take more time than it's worth. i can't see any dealership generating the paperwork to document the failure.

And after all of that, the court can find the driver negligent for failing to observe the failed lighting system. Anyone with a brain would know the repair could only come from a dealership under warranty as no one is going to pay for such a repair. Piss off a judge by assuming that are idiots and you will see one pissed off enemy.