Medical question

Jay112028

Hey guys, I got hurt at work the other day and will be out a little while. I was having trouble finding information on medical and had a few questions maybe someone could answer. First question is that I am on an alternative work schedule, so has anyone been on medical while on one, how was your pay affected? I thought that getting hurt at work meant I would get at least 40 hours a week, but I guess if I can't get an office job it will be just like getting hurt at home. I'll have to deal with Unicare, and get the 80 percent of the state average. Any info on getting hurt at work would be appreciated.

If you were hurt on the job, it should be covered under workmans comp and not Unicare. Hopefully you reported the injury as soon as it happened.

Not saying Workmans comp pays any better, but there are some perks to it. if they sit you in the office, or on any job that fits your restrictions, and you are denied OT in your home work area, you can get paid for the denied OT under Michigans Workmans Comp laws You have to jump thru a few hoops, (basically having your supervisor sign a form) but it can be done. Talk to your benefits rep to find out how to insure you are a comp case or not.

Yeah, I had to call workmans comp and Unicare to make a claim. I was hurt at work. The only other issue is I'm on an alternative work schedule, so I don't know if they are gonna have me on sitdown duty on my schedule, or are they gonna change it to mon thru Friday for 8 hours. Don't know if that will screw up me claiming overtime that I'm not offered.