Sunroof help (2014 Fusion)

dubbedout

Hello all, I need a bit of assistance if possible. I was driving today and had opened my sunroof and when I got home to close it I noticed there was something in the way and cannot close my sunroof now. If anyone knows what this is in the pics and if this is something I can fix myself I'd be grateful.

QHr34NE.jpg?1

PYoav72.jpg?1

As you can see whatever these rubber pieces are, it seems as though the outer side of each rail has come off.

Hello all, I need a bit of assistance if possible. I was driving today and had opened my sunroof and when I got home to close it I noticed there was something in the way and cannot close my sunroof now. If anyone knows what this is in the pics and if this is something I can fix myself I'd be grateful.

QHr34NE.jpg?1

PYoav72.jpg?1

As you can see whatever these rubber pieces are, it seems as though the outer side of each rail has come off.

These what I would call bellows are attached to the bottom of the sunroof glass and when the sunroof is in the vent position, prevent air from spilling under the glass preventing a lot of wind noise and draft. When the sunroof is opened they slide along with the glass and you can't see them when the roof is open. Something obviously has detached and will probably take a knowing mechanic to reattach or replace. If it's in warranty take it to a dealer for repair. Probably the sliding glass needs to come off to access the attach points. On my 2013 FFH you can't see the bellows when the roof is fully open.

IMG_2836.jpg

Woo! Thank you so much! I held the two flaps down and closed the sunroof, then put it in the up position and could see where it's supposed to attach. Popped it back on and all is good (for now). If it happens again I'll take it into the dealership. I searched everywhere for a pic of the sunroof hoping I could figure out how it went together, thanks again!

• Like 1

Woo! Thank you so much! I held the two flaps down and closed the sunroof, then put it in the up position and could see where it's supposed to attach. Popped it back on and all is good (for now). If it happens again I'll take it into the dealership. I searched everywhere for a pic of the sunroof hoping I could figure out how it went together, thanks again!

I'm very happy to have been of some help. Happy that you were able to reattach, I hope it stays that way..

Having not initially wanted the sunroof this is like my worst fear

I have had sunroofs in my cars from many brands (Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai) since 1995. Every once in a while you see items such as this thread but it was an easy fix wasnt it? To be all paranoid over one instance is a little obsurd.