MAP/ISA tool and die

playball31

I just wondered how the tool and die at ISA and/or MAP like the AWS. I may have an opportunity to get into tool and die at ISA/MAP and wanted some input from anyone who is currently working tool and die there. I worked as a tool and die apprentice before and was laid off after completing my apprenticeship. I haven't worked tool and die since and that's been almost 10 years ago now. I'm just worried that I won't get the retraining that I need and that they will expect me to know more than I will because its been so long. I am currently working in ISA on the line right now. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Don't be afraid of this unit. Sign up and come on in the water is fine. It's just repair work. No new builds. In the original group that was hired most of the people didn't even have a journeymen's card or did any formal training. The greatest diemakers that never built a die. The AWS does take some getting used to.