Rear Window Defogger

howie411

Wow, so I'm a few days away from owning my Escape for 1 year and I just noticed something today. For the first time ever I wanted to turn on the rear window defogger and noticed there is not a button on MyFord Touch for it. Then I finally noticed it on the bottom by the Passenger Airbag button. Its almost like it was an after thought they forgot about it on the main AC unit console and tossed it in on the bottom and never connected it to the MyFord Touch system.

I use my climate control buttons so infrequently that I still haven't developed a feel for them like I have in past vehicles despite having the car for 16 months now. I usually just keep mine on auto. I occasionally change the temperature a little bit or turn on/off the A/C or recirc but other than that I just leave it alone. This car is my first with automatic climate control so I was much more hands on in the past. I didn't realize there was a max A/C button until the end of August - I thought it was only in MFT - and it's one of the largest ones on the control panel. I think the fact that I need to access those controls so infrequently is a testament to how well they work. I have friends with some other makes who have automatic climate controls that they think are completely worthless.

• 5 weeks later...