Hermosillo Plant

Lucifer

Any of you wanting to track your Fusions from the Hermosillo plant in Sonora, Mexico.....this innocuous looking gate is where they exit the plant in the rail cars you see in the background to begin their journey to the U.S. The plant is in the far southeastern section of the Hermosillo city limits. The train cars travel north to cross the border at Nogales, AZ.

post-51044-0-42674600-1386023811_thumb.jpg

Click on the thumbnail for a larger picture.

Edited by Lucifer
  • Like 1

There are threads on the Hybrid site that shows the entire facility, including the test track and the infamous off site storage lots. At one time the lots had over 20,000 Fusions in them. Over a year ago mine was one of them.

Edited by hermans

Yep, I remember when the plant lots were full and the aux/spillover lot to the southeast (holds about 12-15k I guess? someone with better eyes can count and post) was not full but was close... that big aux lot was cleared out pretty well by February, which is the date of the shot on Google earth... coords are below for anyone interested.

29° 0'48.00"N

110°54'59.00"W

• Like 1

Back in 11/12 I was bored one day. I actually counted the rows and then how many cars were in each row. It got to be quite a project. What you won't do while waiting for your car. My FFH made two trips back and forth to the lots where it sat for a long time before being shipped. My MKZh was shipped the day after it was build and only took 9 days on the train.

• Like 1