Why Culture Change is Impossible at this point

Ladies and Gentlemen, children of all ages, here this!!!

The fox is in charge of the henhouse, again the fox is in charge of the henhouse!

Had a chat with the local HR rep for my piece of PD today, just stoppin in to test the waters to see just how deep the Way Forward message is getting. Sat down with my printed out behaviors from Way Forward of Collaboration, Initiative, and Accountability and quickly explained how in previous positions with other companies, the Way Forward behaviors are considered a bare minimum to keep a job. He seemed to take it well, he blinked a couple of times, and quickly retorted, "well, its easy to point the finger at Ford, isn't it?"

WOW, how :finger: do you have to be to say that to someone? Appearantly I caught this guy on a "good" day as he continued to rip me a new one about how being "Way Forward" was irritative to my fellow workers and that I should change my behavior towards those that don't feel like changing. He said, "you know, we are all going to need to change, you should change your behavior towards those that aren't accepting."

He further :slap: me around a little more and ended with this:

"If you leave Ford Motor Company after only having 9 months service, you are going to have some problems mentally when Ford recovers, as we will be long over your short service, something is wrong in your life to want to leave."

Well thank you Dr. Freud, I really needed to be told from an old man that my life is over because I left Ford. He also told me that he was irritated that the Ford stock has been down over 80% or something like that since he's been here. Wow, sorry to :censored: in your coffee today.

This guy can :kissass: , cause when the time comes to count the money at the end of year for profit, its :titanic: all over again.

The fox is in charge of the henhouse, THIS is why Ford's culture will NEVER change...

Yeah. 'Cause all of 7 months into the "Way Forward" thing a tenured HR rep who's several rungs down the ladder from the boardroom, and who's apparently also old and a grouch, hasn't 'gotten the message'?

Okay, sure, whatever. Ford must be the only company that has grouchy people in its HR department.

And, since he's the HR 'rep' for your PD unit, he's obviously "in charge" of the henhouse.

Edited by RichardJensen

Yeah. 'Cause all of 7 months into the "Way Forward" thing a tenured HR rep who's several rungs down the ladder from the boardroom, and who's apparently also old and a grouch, hasn't 'gotten the message'?

Okay, sure, whatever. Ford must be the only company that has grouchy people in its HR department.

And, since he's the HR 'rep' for your PD unit, he's obviously "in charge" of the henhouse.

Put this way, why would they have a reason to let people go for not exhibiting Way Forward behaviors when they aren't even doing so in the first place.

This is a perfect example of the Good Old Boy network alive and well at Ford. They haven't gone anywhere, they haven't got anything to lose. This guy could retire tomorrow and his problem's solved.

OH come on Richard, the reason he's allowed to act this way is BECAUSE he's responsible for the protection of those interests that don't want to change. He's protected from his supervisor, all the way up through his group VP. It stops short of Mark Fields because if Mark Fields found out, well, lets just say that we'd be having A LOT more webcasts than we are now. I have a STRONG feeling that Mark Fields knows this already, and is waiting for the right moment to address culture change. Needs to right the ship financially first.

Edited by g48150

g....

Can you go talk to someone else? HR person like this nees to be completely on the boat with the management - not with those "that aren't accepting"

What a load of BS.

Please, for the good of FoMoCo .. push this higher .... any good company has ways you can complain to higher ups .. in my company (albeit MUCH smaller) we actualy are allowed to email directly the President, if we feel he is the best person to understand us ...

OH! ... this cynical BS needs to stop... only in America.. I take that back .. saw it my mom's work in Europe over and over again ... but I am still disgusted.

Igor

g....

Can you go talk to someone else? HR person like this nees to be completely on the boat with the management - not with those "that aren't accepting"

What a load of BS.

Please, for the good of FoMoCo .. push this higher .... any good company has ways you can complain to higher ups .. in my company (albeit MUCH smaller) we actualy are allowed to email directly the President, if we feel he is the best person to understand us ...

OH! ... this cynical BS needs to stop... only in America.. I take that back .. saw it my mom's work in Europe over and over again ... but I am still disgusted.

Igor

See its funny because I started this crusade through the Personnel Relations representative which is under a different group VP than that of the HR guy that I talked with today. I suppose that the Personnel Relations gal that I originally talked to didn't feel that I was "worth" her effort so she dumped me into the lap of this guy in HR.

He actually told me "hey, maybe YOU could be the catalyst for culture change", with a smirk. He knows he's got my number, hell by now, every Tom, Dick, and Harry in the Good Old Boys network knows my name, AND has been told that I'm a troublemaker and I am for DAMN sure blacklisted.

My days at FoMoCo are voluntarily numbered... :shrug:

These HR guys G is talking about are the same grade level as plant managers. Semms they should be far enough up the ladder to me to do what Billy and Mark want to do.

Thanks man, you're an allright guy. :sos: Its not too late, but its in the same ballpark.