Culture Change

g48150

Mr. Fields-

I have nothing but love for Ford Motor Company, I've wanted to work here since I was 9 years old. Ever since I was granted that wish to work for the company, its been the worst days of my life. The Way Forward behaviors of Accountability, Initiative, and Collaboration ARE the bare minimum behaviors one must exhibit at any job of which I have held. When I talk to those around me about these behaviors, they all laugh and snicker, "we've heard this before". I sat down and talked with the HR person in my area and got a similar response, "what are YOU doing to foster Way Forward behavior?"

To be honest I don't know how you put up with these people that would sell their own mother if it helps THEM get ahead, not the company. I am glad that you are taking the correct financial actions to right the ship, but now its really time to focus on the culture change. It was a good gesture to set up a system for rewarding those that showed Way Forward behaviors, but have you noticed any supervisors sending you names of employees that actually do? I know I haven't, I've asked MY supervisor about this, and she gave me some lip service about its a general change and that special cases just waste her time.

These people see the Way Forward behaviors as common sense, BUT they don't act on them. I've never in my life seen grown people act this way, in ANY other job that I have held. The constant "chimney" behavior isn't stopping, in fact its being used as an argument FOR having Way Forward changes implemented. Continuous arguments about who owns what and how much this or that costs really bother me, it makes me angry. Since I started on Oct. 31 last year, I haven't heard one person in the building that I work in, ONCE MENTION THE CUSTOMER. Cost, Cost, Cost, they sound like a broken record.

In conclusion, I still love the Ford Motor Company, I always will, but I guess I was expecting better, I was expecting teamwork, I was expecting helpfulness at all levels, I was expecting professionals, not high school students. You've said before that you get told that Ford has the best people in the industry, I disagree with that, if they were THAT good, then we wouldn't have needed Way Forward in the first place...