2014/15 FFH Roofrack

fomocogec

I was curious if anyone in the forums has added a roofrack to the Fusion Hybrid?

I did a search for "roof rack" but found nothing.

I know there is a Thule or Yakima product available, but would appreciate any insights on actual experience.

I am looking at carrying my canoe (17 foot, 80 pounds max).

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

+1 for this question, to include 2013. BTW, Yakima does not currently offer any roof fitment for 2nd generation Fusion. The only aero options are Thule and Rhino, both of which are $360+ in cost which is insane. There are square bar options out there but they don't look great. So, I am looking to see if anyone found any AERO alternatives out there.

• 4 weeks later...

It appears this item is of little interest to the general forum population,

For those that drop by, I can report I ended up buying the Sport Rack that fit my old Mazda 6 as well as my newly acquired (Sep 2, 2014 delivered) FFH. Same rack fits both. Less than $275 CDN all in. The rack fits OK and supports the canoe easily. With front, back and lateral tie-downs it doesn't move an inch. I have been out 3 times on trips of up to 400 km return, using mostly highway up to 115 km/hr and no problems. So far no marks or scratches of the paint by the clamping feet. It does have square, plastic coated bars, so there is a definite wind noise, but nothing extreme.

Problem solved, for now.

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased the Thule kit that's sold by Ford dealers, you'll find it on accessories.ford.com as Racks and Carriers by THULE - Removable Roof Rack, Aeroblade at $485. It's a complete set with four different items: Load bar, Foot Pack,Fit Kit, and locks.

I put a big roof box on it before a 3800+ mile road trip this summer, and it stayed secure the whole trip. I did create a couple of scratches inside my door well before I understood how these were supposed to go on, but other than that they worked flawlessly. You can hear a little whistling as you cruise 80mph on Idaho and Utah freeways if you keep the sliding cover for your moonroof open.

Yes, these are expensive, but I more than made up for it in gas savingsby taking this road trip in my FFE instead of the minivan.