2006 or 2007 Explorer

I plan to buy an Explorer in the near future. I believe there are $3,000 in rebates available on the 2006 ones in my area but see nothing on the 2007's. It could still be too early for the 2007 info to appear. Based on the "new and improved" door handles and several other changes in 2007 should I wait and order a 2007 with X-plan or go for the 2006 assuming one can be found with my options/color and pay around invoice less the $3,000 in cash back? I can wait to order from factory to get what I want so time is not an issue. Don't want to be cheap and grab a 2006 that is probably already worth $3,000 less due to the model year if a 2007 would be better in the long run but don't want to miss out on a great deal if the 2006 is the better choice.

Thanks!

Given, Ford's decision to cut production to keep rebates low, I would assume the $3k incentive wil not return, so unless the couple new changes/options (and some of them do sound nice) are worth the possibility of having to pay $3k extra, I would go for the 06.

Igor

Edited by igor

I would wait for the 07 , the 06 is already a leftover in my book the 07 should be here shortly so basically you are going to pay full sticker for a 1 year old vehicle . I would also hold off to see if they discount the 07 Explorer versus 06 like they have discounted the Expeditions with the MSRP being lowered

Good Luck

I would wait for the 07 , the 06 is already a leftover in my book the 07 should be here shortly so basically you are going to pay full sticker for a 1 year old vehicle . I would also hold off to see if they discount the 07 Explorer versus 06 like they have discounted the Expeditions with the MSRP being lowered

Good Luck

I was able to find 2007 pricing at kbb.com site and actually priced out the 06 vs. the 07. I do have X-Plan pricing available to me so figured I'd be paying around invoice in either case, less any cash back. I was surprised to see the 2007 invoice was over $1,000 below that of the 2006. I think this is what you are talking about and that puts the difference in cost to around $1,500 assuming zero incentives for the 2007. That being the case (please correct me if I'm off with my guestimated X-Plan pricing) I agree with F350 and will likely wait for the 07 and order exactly the vehicle I want. Anyone have any thoughts on row 2 seating quad bucket versus bench??? I have an 11 and 7 year old who do love to get in each other's face on long car rides....

Thanks all for your most valuable input!

I just ordered an 07 limited... invoice pricing was about 1700 less than 06 since they included a bunch of 06 options in the base and raised the base price only a few dollars. I think there are $500 rebates now on the 07 and am hoping that it increases in the 6-8 weeks it takes me to get it.

Edited by jscozz

I was able to find 2007 pricing at kbb.com site and actually priced out the 06 vs. the 07. I do have X-Plan pricing available to me so figured I'd be paying around invoice in either case, less any cash back. I was surprised to see the 2007 invoice was over $1,000 below that of the 2006. I think this is what you are talking about and that puts the difference in cost to around $1,500 assuming zero incentives for the 2007. That being the case (please correct me if I'm off with my guestimated X-Plan pricing) I agree with F350 and will likely wait for the 07 and order exactly the vehicle I want. Anyone have any thoughts on row 2 seating quad bucket versus bench??? I have an 11 and 7 year old who do love to get in each other's face on long car rides....

Thanks all for your most valuable input!

I have 2 kids and the 2nd row bucket seats are awesome. The center console between them has made a difference. Also, the DVD player with the wireless headphones is a big plus. Mine and my wife's driving experience has changed 100%. Not that my kids are bad or anything but if you're a parent, you know what I'm talking about. Once they get bored they start getting into trouble. I have a Freestyle but the setup is very similar to the Explorer. The Explorer has more room.

I have 2 kids and the 2nd row bucket seats are awesome. The center console between them has made a difference. Also, the DVD player with the wireless headphones is a big plus. Mine and my wife's driving experience has changed 100%. Not that my kids are bad or anything but if you're a parent, you know what I'm talking about. Once they get bored they start getting into trouble. I have a Freestyle but the setup is very similar to the Explorer. The Explorer has more room.

I know EXACTLY what you mean :finger: I am leaning that way as well but need to sit in both and maybe bring the kids along. Is the center console removable or is it low enough to allow the full "flat" load floor for big items?

Thanks all!