UAW Leaders Plan to Meet on Ford Posture

"Swami"

I don't like spokesperson Marcey Evans use of words in this article.

Ford spokeswoman Marcey Evans said across-the-board buyouts are "not an approach that we're currently taking." But, she added, "everything is on the table."

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060825/ford_uaw.html?.v=2

They were notified on Tuesday or WEd to report to Det. Last minute plane ticket expenses should result in Company-wide buyout. They could have a conference call or as I thought did this in Vegas at the election. I cant see a reason for going to the D if this company-wide thing was a speculation. CUT THAT CHECK BTW if your flying NorthWest they are trying to strike and a judge told them to get to work, they may not be that cordial. New Rules for plane travel so be at the airport early.

Edited by IPITYDAFOOL VIRUSFREE

Why? She is just stating what is going on right now. As of this moment, buyouts are only at select plants. Her words do not hint that the union will try to block them.

I'm not concerned about the union blocking them, I'm concerned that FORD will not open the program up to company wide, not just plant specific ...

I'm not concerned about the union blocking them, I'm concerned that FORD will not open the program up to company wide, not just plant specific ...

If not Company-wide, there wouldnt be a reason for our leaders to be in the D. Ford has to match Gm's pace our face the scrutiny of every financial analyst. They want those 30,000 jobs gone yesterday. Ford has to Fund the pension in seven years, they will try to get relief from this by the company-wide buyout program. So many other financial benefits, If Gm did it, Ford could do it with out blinking. CUT THAT CHECK

All of you people worried about getting passed by on the buyouts need to chill out! You really think Ford will give an offer to every plant but yours? Come on they want 30,000 jobs cut but if 40,000 want buyouts you dont think they'll give them? Higher wage workers replaced with tier waged workers. Tough decision for ford. Get over it you'll get that check if you want it. Just a phrase you might want to know "Welcome to Wal-Mart would you like a cart?"

All of you people worried about getting passed by on the buyouts need to chill out! You really think Ford will give an offer to every plant but yours? Come on they want 30,000 jobs cut but if 40,000 want buyouts you dont think they'll give them? Higher wage workers replaced with tier waged workers. Tough decision for ford. Get over it you'll get that check if you want it. Just a phrase you might want to know "Welcome to Wal-Mart would you like a cart?"

Wrong, 35k +$3,020 a month before taxes

Edited by "Swami"

$35,000 to get him out the door, then he collects his pension every month.

Oh I get it he thinks thats money in the bank. Well lets see the union,company, and gov. all just put a big dick in the retirees ass but his money is bank. Hey I hope it lasts for you swami but remember your pension relys on those that are left standing to fight for it. I'd like to see one myself but after our Big wigs in the union have done their damage with this last in contract vote game rules have changed. Good luck to you though brother!

Yeah, I got it on the way out. Let me see if I can scan it, and I'll send ya a copy. PM me your email address. They also had a handout in the break areas that had all the assembly plant's downtime through the end of the year. It's gonna get ugly, bro.

okay sent you a msg!

thanks!

So we are unloading a semi of e-coat this morning and I mention to him that the Presidents and Building Chairs are meeting in Detroit for some communications tomorrow. Then he tells me that his company is holding a gold tournament for Ford and the UAW in Detroit tomorrow... How much you wanna bet that when all ther locl officials come back we won't know much of anything more than we do already.