PENSION QUESTION ???

uRfk9AcDfo9Wui

For those of us that are vested in the company and have a pension, if we take the lump sum buy outs, will we have the opportunity to take what pension money we have accumulated and do with it what we want??

My last job I was vested, and I took my pension money and rolled it over to an IRA so I could control it and invest it the way I wanted.

I would rather take what pension money I have with Ford and do with it what I want. I personally don't think my pension money will be there for me to draw 15 years from now. With the way this Company is sinking :titanic: I foresee them having to do what the Airlines did and file bankruptcy and have a Federal Judge release them from their pension obligations and other things so they can survive.

For those of us that are vested in the company and have a pension, if we take the lump sum buy outs, will we have the opportunity to take what pension money we have accumulated and do with it what we want??

My last job I was vested, and I took my pension money and rolled it over to an IRA so I could control it and invest it the way I wanted.

I would rather take what pension money I have with Ford and do with it what I want. I personally don't think my pension money will be there for me to draw 15 years from now. With the way this Company is sinking :titanic: I foresee them having to do what the Airlines did and file bankruptcy and have a Federal Judge release them from their pension obligations and other things so they can survive.

To answer your question in one word-NO!

You can freeze it-but you cannot take the money and run.

Also if you take the $100k buyout you must be 62 yrs old and wait 23 months before you can draw on it.

oldasdirt

one of the prlp people from SLAP

Edited by oldasdirt

To answer your question in one word-NO!

You can freeze it-but you cannot take the money and run.

Also if you take the $100k buyout you must be 62 yrs old and wait 23 months before you can draw on it.

oldasdirt

one of the prlp people from SLAP

That fucking sucks!!!! That money won't be there in a few years.