Pre '07 MP3 Input

Does anyone know if there are any 3rd party kits that connect into the Ford stock radios (Audiophile line) that permit direct connection of an MP3 player as an alternative to the FM transmitter idea?

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=950

That MIGHT work if yours is a satellite compatible Audiophile unit. I have a 2005 Ex with the Audiophile-Sat compatible stereo and I would like to add this interface to it for the iPod, but I would like to hear from someone else that tried it first. Anyone try this?

Edited by 2005Explorer

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for some help on adding an 3.5mm audio port for my 07 sport trac explorer. I am in need of the female lead connectors that goes to the wire that fits into the female audio connector that fits into the rear part of the audio unit. So it has to be a female connector to make work since the audio has the male pins in them. If any one knows where I could buy the connectors or the replacement plug that would be great. Thanks, jdc1203

Edited by jdc1203