3 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following has made you WANT to buy a Non-Ford Product

• Competitors Product Offering - Vehicle Styling
    • Nothing, I am satisfied with Fords products
    • Ford product Quality in 1st 3 years, from Personal experience
    • Life expectancy of Ford products, from Personal experience
    • Fords reputation for quality
    • Personal Experience from 3 & 4 above

I believe the number 1 reason Ford is losing market share is Quality. This is not a news flash to anyone. Specifically, we are behind our competitors in quality for 2 destinct reasons:

Every part on our vehicles is designed new, evidently we feel it would be cheating to take a part that has a proven quality track record, and make it fit a different vehicle. The customer could care less that a door latch, door handle, dome light, radio, turn signal switch, is common between their 1999 Taurus, their 2002 Mustang, and their 2006 Fusion... as long as the sheet metal and interior are different. Does a 5.4 Liter engine for an F150 really need to be different from an F250?

Vehicle part & package complexity. We could manufacture snowflakes and have a better chance of making 2 alike. I could not order an F-250 Pick-Up, who in their right mind wants to go down that list of ala carte options. Make XL, XLT, LARIET, and Extra Special Super Duper Lariet , and make the options fit the trim level. It is pretty easy to buy one of these off the lot that is pretty much what you are looking for. Why, why, why would someone want Reverse Sensing, Power Heated Seats, and Manual Mirrors?