No trac Loc for 02/05 T-Birds

Could not locate a trac loc.

Even the S type R doesn't have a posi.

Even the 'Linc LS race cars' built by Roush didn't have a limited slip!

No wonder the LS and T-Bird did not sell to the performance crowd. Barly a sniff of performance upgrades. SVT and Saleen 'almost' did something. I guess they were scared off by Ford's lack of enthusiasm.

BMW and MB can keep fresheing their lines without discontinueing models.

Too bad Ford let the DEW 98 rot!

nobody bought the car.

I beg to differ. And if Ford had had the modicum of brains and decency to offer the same drivetrain (at least as an option) to the general public that J Mays and Jac Nasser had put in their own T-Birds (390hp supercharged motor and BMW 6-speed manual transmission), the car might still be around. I'm sure they could have moved a handful at around $60k, and it would have made all of them look better.

They had a chance to do something great and they f-ed it up. I don't dispute that. What I do dispute is the idea that the basic concept was flawed.

post-8173-1159670708_thumb.jpg

Edited by retro-man

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The newest Tbird could of been so much better. It was not good enough as a Luxury Car, it sure could not cut it as a Sports Car. It was a botched Soccer Mom car, and that is a shame. Even in the 50s they knew to offer up a high performance version.

I have had several Birds over the years, and guess I will keep my 93 for several more years.

• 2 weeks later...
The newest Tbird could of been so much better. It was not good enough as a Luxury Car, it sure could not cut it as a Sports Car. It was a botched Soccer Mom car, and that is a shame. Even in the 50s they knew to offer up a high performance version.

I have had several Birds over the years, and guess I will keep my 93 for several more years.

393Bird, A botched Soccer Mom car? Kiss my Butt Bub. Check out these Birds on a race track near Tulsa OK. The people running the track were impressed on how these Birds ran.post-23389-1170636426_thumb.jpg