21/22 F250 vs F350 Tremor

I've read that the Tremor package on a 250 gives it the same rear suspension as a 350 Tremor. Two questions:

-- Is that true?
-- And...if so....why does the 350 Tremor have a payload capacity ~1,000 lbs more than a 250 Tremor?

Is it just a marketing and badging thing or is there a mechanical difference between the two?

TIA!

From every discussion I have seen there is no difference so long as Tremor package is selected. I would hazard a guess that Ford doesn't want to just "give" out free F350 upgrades or make this common knowledge so you still have the additional cost and with that gain the increased sticker (payload) and F350 badging. 

you are simply paying for the higher payload sticker going with the 350.

also take this into consideration, you get the HCPP for free by going with the 7.3L gas motor over the diesel. Not only is there the "diesel premium" but if you order the diesel you need to also order the HCPP as well, if you order the 7.3: is comes standard as we know all 250 and 350 Tremors are identical, suspension wise.

In some states a GVWR over 10,000 lbs is labeled as a "commercial" vehicle and is taxed higher, even if it's used for personal use.  That's why even as three-quarter ton trucks keep becoming more capable, they will always be stickered as 10,000 GVWR vehicles.  So it may very well physically be the same hardware wise, but that sticker is very important depending on where you live/operate the vehicle.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rsmith2786 said:

It's getting messy though.  You can now order an F-250 with the HCTT package and get a 10,800 GVWR.  I'm not sure why Ford added this, but it's no longer a 10,000 hard limit.

True.  I guess the more correct wording would be that STANDARD optioned three-quarter tons will most likely remained stickered at 10,000.  I guess depending on what state you're in it'll depend on how closely the representative at the DMV looks at the GVWR when registering/titling the truck.  Does the 10,800 GVWR also push the GCWR over 26,000?  Because that might bite some people too regarding needs for a CDL.