V8 gas milasge

Can you fellow sport trac owners with the V8 engines let me know your gas milage? I know its not that great in the begining but those of you with a few miles on your trucks let me know city / highway milage.

Thanks from south Florida

I live in Fort Lauderdale and have had my V8 Mountaineer Premier since July 16. As you know, traffic is heavy here and is fast. I typically keep up with traffic on the interstate (65 to 75 mph on I-595, I-95, and I-75) and generally drive the speed limit in town or maybe 10 miles over on roads like Federal Highway and Biscayne Blvd.

I live in the city of Fort Lauderdale and the majority of my miles are in the city. I average between 14-16 mpg in the city and roughly 16-17 on the interstate when I drive to Weston or to Palm Beach via the expressways.

I realized you asked about the Sport Trac, but I thought this still might be helpful.

Edited by fllcobra

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your replies. I went to world ford and sawgrass ford this weekend. NO orange sport tracs. Can't check inventories because they don't even list the orange color. Only 2 with rear power window. Salesman states they are a safty hazard and that is why they only have a couple, It's funny what they tell you when they don't have what you want.

You may want to try World Ford in Pembroke Pines or Maroone Ford at Margate. They didn't have a good selection at the time I was looking but they were very willing to work with me to find what I wanted. I ended up going to Maroone Lincoln/Mercury at Palm Beach because they had exactly what I was looking for.

3152 miles and the total average mpg = 19.8 mpg that includes NYC & Boston stop & go traffic and 2 instances of 1+ hrs of accident delays... plus blasts up to 105 mph...where the speed limiter kicks in

At 65 = 21.3

at 75 = 20.8

at 85 = 19.6

All readings were on Rte 95 and were for at least 20-30 miles actually I averaged 65 mph for the entire trip....according to the info center computer time & mileage

I planned for 18 so I was pleasantly surprised

It's not a Jetta diesel, but I knew that when we bpought it, it performed excellent and is a great

trip vehicle...love it.