Air bags needed on F350 DRW?

kenneths

I have a 2022 F350 DRW on order. I have always had F250's or Chevy 2500's before. I pull a 43' 5th wheel and have always needed airbags on my trucks to keep from squatting. Will I need to add them on the new truck? The pin weight of my 5th wheel is around 3,500, does anyone here tow something similar with an F350 DRW?

5 hours ago, rickjohnson45@gmail.com said:

I have a 5000# truck camper in my 2019 F350 and it squats about 1 1/2". I have the 14000# package. In this long bed, crew cab, dually truck, I simply don't notice the difference while driving vs empty bed.

Rick

Thanks for the response. With all of the things I have in my front compartment I may be well over 4,000#. Guess I will wait and see.

1 hour ago, Rangers09 said:

I tow a 41' 5'er with GVW about 16,500 lbs and pin weight of 4,000 lbs. Towed it with a 2016 F-350 DRW 6.7 and never found a need for air bgs. With the 2013 F-350 SRW, with reduced GVW and pin weight of 3,000 lbs, I had to install air bags.

Okay, you are probably close to my pin weight. Guess I will just wait and see when it gets here.

11 minutes ago, Mbrooks44 said:

Out of curiosity why did you stick with a 350 and not a 450?

Wanted to give the 7.3 a try. I tow my camper less than 2,500 miles a year so it is kind of hard to justify the additional cost of a diesel when I average 45,000 miles a year on the truck not towing.