Heavy-Service Front Suspension Package

Denao_53

Hello everyone,

I ordered an 250 King Ranch with the 7.3 Godzilla motor. What does it mean, “front springs upgrade (unless maximum springs have been computer-selected as included equipment?  Since this comes with 20” wheels standard, does this come with the 1up spring package?  I tried looking at the 2022 towing guide but I couldn’t find anything. I don’t want the 4x4 package , I don’t see any value.  I can order the skid plates separately and I have heard the shocks don’t really add anything.

Thanks!

When you say the 4x4 package do you mean the fx4 package. I did not get it for the same reason as you. 

With the front spring upgrade it will give you heavier suspension.

If you have the 250/350 4x4 diesel with snowplow package you get the heaviest spring option automatically.

The truck with a 6.2 or 7.3 need less so you don't get the same poundage of spring, so you can get the heavy spring upgrade that will give you 1 more "level" above standard. Which will still be less than the 250 diesel, or even less than the diesel with SP pkg.

A 250/350 gasser with the same spring system as a diesel with SP pkg would rattle the truck apart. So the computer says exactly what you need for that specific truck and the upgrade gives you one step above that. Any more than one step above would just be destructive.

With the KR you get the 20" wheels and that's all that is, just 20" wheels, if opt for the 18" wheels you have to go with the Tremor pkg which has it own spring requirements and will not allow the heavy service spring upgrade or the snowplow pkg.