Newbie from Florida

kimrpaige

Hello from Daytona,  I am brand new to this Forum, but not new to the Blue Oval, owning many during my life, so far.  I am a 68 year old retired, 21 years in US Navy, then another 21 years as an Electronic Technician in the US Postal Service. Originally from the St. Louis area, spent many years in Maine, and now settled in Daytona area year round.  I bought a 31 foot toy hauler (Cherokee Grey Wolf 26RR} last year to haul around my motorcycles around the country.  Problem is\was that I do not have a truck to pull it.  As everyone knows, this is not the time to find/buy a truck, either new or used.  So on October 27th I placed an order for a 2022 F-350 SRW, long bed crew cab, Lariat, 7.3L Godzilla gas, 10 speed auto with 4.30 gears for my tow vehicle.  I got a email that it would be produced the week of 28 February.  A few weeks later another email that it was pushed back to March 7th production, now a few days ago yet another setback to March 14th week of production.  With the current trucking event in Canada and the so called chip shortage, no telling when it will be built and delivered.  I do have X-Plan pricing and am assumed locked in at the price when ordered.  There has been a price increase since I ordered it, so we will find out how greedy the dealer is and if they try to add on that increase.  Looking foward in viewing all posts regarding the Super Duty production and the Super Duty truck in general, looking foward in receiving the new truck.  I think they have come a long way from years ago in pick up trucks.  Thanks for reading my book, LOL.  Kim

• Like 1