Weekly Production Schedules

Alex Kreh

I'm trying to ensure that I have a correct grasp on how the schedules that Ice sends out work. For this week, I see they are scheduling for May 2, however, does this mean that you can be scheduled at anytime this week for May 2. Meaning I could be scheduled Monday through Friday but no matter what, it will be for May 2. In addition, my dealer explained they had allocation in April that I would likely get picked up for, would this mean that I will get a scheduled date in April? At first, I believe I misunderstood assuming this meant I would be scheduled for production in April rather than simply receiving the date. Hopefully this makes sense!

Incremental scheduling should happen on Thursday. If that happens you will get a VIN and a build week. The build week will likely be about 4-5 weeks out and will correspond with the the week shown on Ice's production schedule. COVP order can happen on a day other than a Thursday but that is typically not the case. Seems like Thursdays are the day scheduling tends to happen. I have seen COVP orders occur in 2 recent cases where the schedule showed nothing was supposed to happen (my super duty order and a coworkers Lincoln order) but orders where still scheduled.

If your dealer has allocation for April, you are more likely to get scheduled (for a May build week) but that depends on some other factors like your priority number, orders in front of you with the same or lower priority, plant parts availability to complete your build. 

Edited by westernsky
  • Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 11:19 AM, westernsky said:

Incremental scheduling should happen on Thursday. If that happens you will get a VIN and a build week. The build week will likely be about 4-5 weeks out and will correspond with the the week shown on Ice's production schedule. COVP order can happen on a day other than a Thursday but that is typically not the case. Seems like Thursdays are the day scheduling tends to happen. I have seen COVP orders occur in 2 recent cases where the schedule showed nothing was supposed to happen (my super duty order and a coworkers Lincoln order) but orders where still scheduled.

If your dealer has allocation for April, you are more likely to get scheduled (for a May build week) but that depends on some other factors like your priority number, orders in front of you with the same or lower priority, plant parts availability to complete your build. 

Haven't gotten an email and noticed that they are not scheduling this week. However, I spoke with my dealer yesterday who is extremely helpful and they noted that I am now the oldest order at the dealer. I don't have any commodity restraints at the moment and should be next up. They said they still have April allocation so I should get picked up next. my hope is that I will get scheduled for late May (although it's looking like that may not happen so maybe June?), I assume I'll get pushed back a couple of times and then MAYBE have the truck come in late June or July but it likely won't be until August. I know this is a little bit hopeful but I think it is also possible.