5th wheel above bed rails and bed rug

Cbd5457

Looking for feedback from anyone that may have a bed rug and also use an above bed rail 5th wheel mount. 

I will be installing an above bed rail kit for my 5th wheel hitch and I am debating on doing a full bed rug. I realize I will likely need to cut out the rug where the rails are mounted. 

Anyone with this type of set-up or similar with advice or feedback would be helpful in my choice to go with this combo. 

Thanks!

I had this very same setup in my 2001 F350 ECLB and my 2005 CCLB. I didn't have any issues. The rug was thin enough that it matched the thickness of the bed rails. Still very easy to install the four pins and clips. If you want perfect cuts place the rails on top of the bed rug and hand tighten the nuts. Use the rails as a cutting guide for the rug. Once cut, just remove the bolts and pull out the rug scraps. All my trucks thereafter had spray in bedliners.

33 minutes ago, jstenger said:

I had this very same setup in my 2001 F350 ECLB and my 2005 CCLB. I didn't have any issues. The rug was thin enough that it matched the thickness of the bed rails. Still very easy to install the four pins and clips. If you want perfect cuts place the rails on top of the bed rug and hand tighten the nuts. Use the rails as a cutting guide for the rug. Once cut, just remove the bolts and pull out the rug scraps. All my trucks thereafter had spray in bedliners.

Good info, Thanks for the tip on the cutting method!