'93, 302, F 150, intermittent stalling, help needed.

RCRVRP

93, F 150, 302, 125,000 miles. 

This truck when last driven a year ago would stall intermittently.   The engine would just stop, seemingly spark related. This might happen after driving 10 miles or 50 miles. Let it sit for 5 minutes or 30 minutes and it will start and run well.  I think I read that there is an electronic component that when it gets warm can prevent spark and when it cools it reconnects so to speak. As I recall is in in or near the distributor.  Thats all I can remember but it sounded like my solution to the problem. It was a component that was known to be a commondefect on this engine.

Can someone here tell me what that component is? Or feel free to suggest other solutions to the problem.

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

RCRVRP

53 minutes ago, RCRVRP said:

93, F 150, 302, 125,000 miles. 

This truck when last driven a year ago would stall intermittently.   The engine would just stop, seemingly spark related. This might happen after driving 10 miles or 50 miles. Let it sit for 5 minutes or 30 minutes and it will start and run well.  I think I read that there is an electronic component that when it gets warm can prevent spark and when it cools it reconnects so to speak. As I recall is in in or near the distributor.  Thats all I can remember but it sounded like my solution to the problem. It was a component that was known to be a commondefect on this engine.

Can someone here tell me what that component is? Or feel free to suggest other solutions to the problem.

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

RCRVRP

Not sure  that year has it mounted on the distributor or drivers side inner fender but its called the ign module, you also have a pickup that is inside the distributor. It could also be the coil..I would price a whole distributor because it will come with the module and pickup already inside. It could be any of the 3 if it is losing spark when it shuts down