Expedition Delays

RugbyDood

Greetings Ford Fans,

I ordered my Platinum Expedition Max in February 2022. Chips, supply chain, I get it. So I wasn't surprised it took until August 12th to be built. No worries, these are 1st world problems. Use the chips for something more substantial. However, now it's sitting in Kentucky, probably on the speedway, awaiting shipment. It was supposed to arrive this past week, but they just e-mailed me to inform me the new shipment date is November 8th. What? Are they taking October off? My dealer is waiting on four expeditions. Four are completed and awaiting shipment. I have e-mailed customer relations and e-mailed the journalists writing about the KY speedway parking lot. If it was still waiting on parts, I'd say, cool, bro, I get it; parts are parts what can you do? But it's done, just sitting in KY. Could it be they are out of Blue Ovals? That could be why they said it's done: they just needed to slap the oval on. But then boom, they open the box of ovals, and it's empty. The call Fred because Fred, due to union contracts, is the only one allowed to order more ovals. But Fred was just laid off, and they never appointed his replacement. So management called over to the union shop and asked for a new oval ordering person, but it was 8:30am, and they didn't get in until 10:30, so they had to leave a message. At 2:30 pm the next day, they call management back to let them know that due to labor shortages and a new training app in production, a new oval orderer won't be available for three weeks.  Anyway, just speculation about the ovals.  Does anyone have any advice?