1997 E150 Conversion Van amp location

Grumbles

Hello all. I have a Starcraft converted 1997 E-150 and I'm attempting to install an aftermarket head unit in it. After some trial and error I've realized it must have an amp installed based on the shape of the speaker connector. I purchased a Metra amp integration harness to make it all work but the integration harness is not working. This leaves me with locating the amp and bypassing it with a different wire harness kit. From what I have read in 1997 the amp should have been located in the passenger kick panel area near the fuel cutoff switch. I've removed the kick panel and all I see in the vicinity of the fuel cutoff switch is a crash detection box and a giant cluster of connectors mounted on a frame. No amp to be found. I've taken off the instrument cluster bezel panel and the center dash bezel panel and looked all around in those areas. No amp to be found.

Has anyone owned a Starcraft conversion in the past and would know where the amp is located?