Sport Trac body side moulding??

• 6 months later...
The 07 sport trac accessories catalogue shows an 07 sport trac with a body side moulding in the 'groove' near the base of the doors.

Does anyone know if it is available?

Is is shown on several pictures but is not listed.

Is there one on the 06/07 explorer?

Thanks

Just checked today to see if I could get these. The Ford order guide does not show as a option when ordering a new truck. The accessories catalog does not show these available. The parts man at my local Ford store looked and they are nowhere in the parts book as replacement. Go figure!! Just Detroit and Bermuda triangle colliding! I still love my Fords.

The 07 sport trac accessories catalogue shows an 07 sport trac with a body side moulding in the 'groove' near the base of the doors.

Does anyone know if it is available?

Is is shown on several pictures but is not listed.

Is there one on the 06/07 explorer?

Thanks

When I ordered my 07 ST Limited, I ordered from the dealer 07 Explorer bodyside moldings that come primed. I had the dealer paint and clearcoat and put them on the ST. The rear moldings go back only 3/4 of the way as the ST door is a bit longer that the Explorer. The cost for moldings, paint and install was around 225 dollars when I made the new truck purchase. The moldings are available from the Explorer side. Early promo pictures on the MSN and Edmunds websites show the Limited with the moldings, but they were pre-production pictures. I really wish they would have made them an option, as that would have reduced my cost. I have noticed the new Escape/Mariner no longer offers bodyside protection either. It seems to be a design trend for clean lines. I am old enough to think "stripped". I also added the Explorer name badges for the front doors for only $12.50 a piece. The combination really makes the ST stand out in my opinion, with no tackiness or excess. The 3/4 molding blends with truck and looks attractive. I saw on the Sport Trac website after market moldings that are generic and go above the crease line, but they too must be painted to match. Try the dealer for the Explorer ones. I think it may help

Hey Vep, the door badges sound like a good idea. I also measured the Explorer and decided the diference in length would not look right but maybe I will rethink it. The "slab-sided" look of the 07 lacks the character of the previous Sport Tracs. Of course that is one man's opinion, and I did buy one anyway!! For those of you following this subject, check out this link for aftermarket mouldings which show them on a 07.

http://www.customautotrim.com/products/mol...ghts.htm#MDG125

• 1 year later...