Looking for South Florida Gen 3 Raptor Owner to test ride-quality

xler8r

Hi all! I've been stalking the forms for a while, regular Tremor forum member though as I own a '22 F350 Tremor (and love it).

I'm seeking a friendly Owner that wouldn't mind my giving my wife and I a simple test drive in their Gen 3 Raptor (preferably one with the 37 package). We live in Fort Lauderdale, and honestly wouldn't mind throwing a few bucks for someone's trouble. I love my Tremor, but the family absolutely hates it, even dropped 20k into a full Carli E-venture system...which helps, but even lowering the tire pressure to 50 Front 40 in the Rear, doesn't move the needle enough. With two babies in the back and 90% of the time I'm unloaded.

I threw 650 lbs of mulch in the bed today to see if that was enough preloading of the suspension to help...and while it helped, it still blows for rear-passenger ride quality. I've contemplated getting a 1k lb wake-boarding ballast bag, but as I don't have a boat that needs it...I'd literally be throwing money away if it doesn't work.

My goal is to just drive around the neighborhood in someone's Gen 3 Raptor as a Dealership won't let me do such a thing. I have access to plenty of regular F-150's, but not only am I not interested in one, they obviously have a different suspension. I do use the full bed frequently to haul stuff, so it would be a pain to have a shorter-bed...but having the family off my ass and getting 15 MPG instead of 7 would outweigh that inconvenience. (And yes, thats what the 7.3 L gets in the city on average or in traffic).

Edited by xler8r

I can’t help you with the test drive because I don’t live close to you, but I can give you some perspective. I have driven trucks all my life, either 1/2 or 3/4 tons.  Since 2011 I have had multiple Raptors, however I ordered an 22 F250 to change things up.  It came in and my wife hated riding in it. I had intended to put a lift on it anyway, with the intention of softening the ride but the shop told me that even with a Carli lift it’s not going to compare to a Raptor, which I appreciated their honesty.  Two weeks after getting the F250 I ordered another Raptor.  

I have a 7,000lb GVWR trailer I tow with the Raptor and it squats the rear end, but it handles the load sufficiently for how often I use it.  

Just order the Raptor, you won’t be disappointed. I have not driven or ridden in a truck that rides or drives better than it, and it doesn’t hurt that they look great.  

Edited by tbone
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Appreciate the honesty @tbone I would also be interested to know what folks notice the difference is from the same-year f150 non-raptor rear ride quality difference is. I'm also struggling with there being no winch mount... while its great the F150 tremor has one, it looks like an after thought...and isn't a Raptor, lol. I do use the winch occasionally.

Edited by xler8r

1 hour ago, xler8r said:

Appreciate the honesty @tbone I would also be interested to know what folks notice the difference is from the same-year f150 non-raptor ride quality difference is. I'm also struggling with there being no winch mount... while its great the F150 tremor has one, it looks like an after thought...and isn't a Raptor, lol. I do use the winch occasionally.

I have had ADD aftermarket bumpers on all but one of my Raptors, which are very good quality.  Although I have not opted for a winch option they do have that option available for their bumpers.  

• Like 1