A beginners guide to BON: Meet the Grouches

Hello newcomers. You may be surprised at the overwhelming amount of griping and kvetching on this board.

This is because I, as moderator, refuse to censor the comments of those that bellyache. Nor will I strip them of their membership.

However, I will provide, for your reference, my own opinions of them. You may review their past comments about me, in the interest of equal time. I can hardly be expected, however, to post links to them.

DCK: A recent member who is not uniformly negative, but who advances arguments without the benefit of external references. If you do not accept his opinions at face value, you will be insulted by him.

Bluecon: Bluecon blames Bill Ford, Jr. for everything, and he thinks that Chrysler is either better run, or 'better able to weather the storm', depending on the day it is.

Footballfan: It's very simple. Footballfan hates Mark Fields.

Sixcav: Sixcav likes to stir the pot. That's all you need to know about him. That and he doesn't believe in paragraphs. If you like to read the comments of someone interested only in bringing matters to a froth, by all means, read his posts.

pcsario: Best summed up by this: "everything in Europe is better". You don't need to read any of his posts, if you can memorize that four word mantra. It is the key to all of them.

taxman100: Does not approve of Ford hiring or benefits policies, and will find a way to bend most topics to this subject. He's a fan of the panthers, but has at least enough clarity to recognize that Toyota builds a good car.

g48150: An expert who worked for a tank factory that employed 1000 people, and who made a rough introduction to and exit from Ford Motor. He has most of the answers to Ford's current problems, and they revolve around building only tiny cars and big trucks.

Now, dear visitors, you must come to terms with one unquestioned fact on this board:

EVERYTHING FORD DOES IS INADEQUATE OR WRONG.

The various professors on this subject, described above, have developed very interesting bodies of work on this subject. There is some debate about when Ford started to do everything wrong. For some it was when Ford embraced diversity, for others it was when they stopped investing in the panther. Some cite Bill Ford's tenure as CEO. All are quite unreasonable and dogmatic about their own pet theories.

And now, dear viewers, I invite you to peruse the rest of the board.

You will note a convenient 'ignore user' feature, once you register. By all means, use it, as I will not stifle this interchange of ideas, even when many of the ideas are tired, threadbare, and worn out through repetition.