Brake Noise

ELlover

Has anyone had any issues with their brakes squeeking? I just started to notice this weekend that mine are squeeking but only when I am on a slight turn and it doesnt matter if they are hot or not? I may take it in but wanted to see if anyone else has noticed. Thanks

Nope - no issues with the brakes squeaking here. Currently at 1,000 miles on the odometer. But you know, considering your admitted lead foot, Tiff, you gotta bring the big brute to a stop sometime! Now punish those brakes!

-Ray

Well, Mrs. Lead Foot has been really driving good and the brakes are just getting worse. :banghead: It seems they squeek when I am coming to a slow stop more than hard stops. It sucks driving this awesome new EL and people turn around and hear me squeeking!! I have an appointment Friday to get them checked out and replaced and I am also having them check my trans because the calmer I drive the more I notice first gear slipping. But I still love my car and nothing will change that, unless someone hits me. Thats what made me hate my 03 so much. :doh:

Edited by ELlover

2000 miles on my 2007 XL and no brake noise.

I noticed if you drive "easy" it searches for 1st or 2nd gear whereas if you lean on it a bit she'll go right to first - no searching. I think it might opt for 2nd to save gas.

The more I've driven mine the problem seemed to disappear.

However, my balance problem turned out that the two front tires could not be road forced balanced and have to be replaced. The new ones are do any day now.

Hope it works out for you---Bob