Brake update

ELlover

I took my EL in yesterday because of the HORRIBLE brake squeak, ofcourse the dealer I go to is about 25 miles away and about 20 miles into the trip the brakes stopped squeaking. Figures, anyway, the tech said it was normal. :banghead: So I went to the managers and decided to complain because the squeal is BAD, so he called Ford and they are going to put me in a car monday and have me leave it overnight. They will then drive it and go from there. The Ford Tech Rep will then decide what to do. I was very pleased to hear that since this is a new car and an issue that they havent had, they are going to do whatever they can to fix it. I am VERY happy that Ford stepped up to the plate. So we will see where we go from here.

post-24063-1163280482_thumb.jpg

Glad you didn't accept that the squeaking was "normal". I've always had good experiences at the Ford service departments, however, I made sure to introduce myself to the service MANAGER (insist on that, which it seems you did in this case) on my first visit. Could it have been that your brakes were "glazed"? You might want to ask rjr, he seems to know a lot. I know there's actually a procedure where you perform several consecutive hard stops from speed, in order to heat the pads or rotors up and clean them off...something like that.