No AdvanceTrac in MKZ

BORG

Well, the last LS V6 sold was $32,640 to start, with the appearance package taking it up to $36k. Most of the stuff on the "Appearance package" is standard on the MKZ, so you're looking at about a $6k price difference.

For that much, the LS dang well should've been a more refined vehicle.

I find the MKZ much less refined.

Don't mean to barge in on the MKZ fest, but depending on your timeframe you've got a couple of other FoMoCo choices. The 2008 D3s will be available in late spring/early summer. They're bigger but I've always quite enjoyed the Swedish-like ride/handling compromise and they'll have improved interiors and the 3.5L Cyclone. Also, the 2008 Mazda6 is supposed to be an earlier launch than the '03 (Oct 2002) - but I haven't heard anything more than that. Heck, even the current Mazda6 is a great value ($2-3000 in rebates) - it uses the 3.0L, so still no torque, but the Mazda heads seem make it rev more quickly and give it a nicer growl. Or of course the Volvo S60 is available for roughly the same price as a MKZ. Five cylinder goodness but tiny back seat. Or, if you have no taste, the Jaguar X-Type is available. The Jag 3.0L sounds quite nice actually. And I'm sure you could get a steal on an X-Type...just don't ask for resale.

Just keeping the options list open. Happy shopping.

Scott