2007 Navigation System

Spyderman

For those of you who have the 07 Expy with Nav, do you have any feedback on the system? How do you like it so far?

Do these systems have the legal disclaimer screen that you must acknowledge before using the Nav function? If so, oes it come on everytime you start the vehicle, or just when you want to use the Nav function?

For those of you who have the 07 Expy with Nav, do you have any feedback on the system? How do you like it so far?

Do these systems have the legal disclaimer screen that you must acknowledge before using the Nav function? If so, oes it come on everytime you start the vehicle, or just when you want to use the Nav function?

Hello, I like it but I was upset to see that it doesnt have real time traffic. :doh: I do like a lot of the features it has and so far no big issues. I did have one small problem where it started telling me to make a U Turn then when I did it told me to do another U Turn. Wonder how many times it would have made me do U Turns if I would have kept going! As for the disclaimer its everytime you start but if you are not on that function it doesnt come on till you hit Nav/Map/Dest.

Its fairly easy to use and except for one time very accurate.

Spydie-

I too like the nav system, a lot. I use it extensively about 3 days a week. Yes, there's a legal disclaimer screen (it seems as though all nav systems require this). It's not that much of a pain, however, because it will pick up where you are in your journey - even if you shut off the vehicle and stop along the way. I know some nav systems will require you to re-enter your destination information if you shut off the vehicle.

And Tiff, just so you know, somehow, some way I got my nav to stop asking me to "make a legal U-turn". That was really annoying. Now, if I miss the turn it just quickly re-routes me around the block or another way. If I figure out how I did it, I'll let you know. I suppose all nav systems do the re-routing thing, but it's a very nice feature.

By the way, what happened with your brake situation?

I looked at my nav system today to try to answer your question exactly.

post-24826-1164000102_thumb.jpg

If you leave this screen on, whenever you turn the vehicle off and then back on it will return to this screen without asking for you to "agree". Mind you, the screen can be dimmed so it's not too bright at night. From my fiddling with it today, this is the screen you want to keep it on if you don't want to use the nav system and subsequently have to "agree" every time you start the vehicle.

From this screen, if you press the "nav" button on the dash (not in the screen shown above), it will then ask you to "agree" before starting the nav system.

At night, if I have Sirius or an am/fm station on and am not using the nav, I like to shut off the display or simply put the status bar on the display (which will show the clock, current station, and current media - note in above pic the black bar which contains the info "SR3 - 129 El Sotano - headphone icon - time)

However, even from the status bar or the display/off settings, it will ask to you to "agree" at next vehicle start up.

Is that confusing enough? In short, if you leave it on the media screen show above - you will not have to hit agree every time you re-start the vehicle.

:blah:

Spydie-

And Tiff, just so you know, somehow, some way I got my nav to stop asking me to "make a legal U-turn". That was really annoying. Now, if I miss the turn it just quickly re-routes me around the block or another way. If I figure out how I did it, I'll let you know. I suppose all nav systems do the re-routing thing, but it's a very nice feature.

By the way, what happened with your brake situation?

That legal u turn is annoying, let me know if you figure it out.

As for the brakes, haha they havent really squeaked since the day we left the dealer. Every once in a while I hear a slight squeak but nothing to cry about. Weird, but probably just burned through the glaze while hard braking an purpose.

So far I am really loving this SUV. I am glad I leased my first one just in case, I am loving the Sand Colored EL Limited so that is an option as well, I love the Carbon though too. Now I am waiting to find out more on the diesel. We will be buying 2 new cars in 08. We plan on getting a Diesel F250 4x4 so I may not get the EL in diesel, no need for 2 diesel vehicles. Just glad they arent going to be the 6.0 diesel...