Wixom Flowback Meeting

WixomRealityCheck

The informational meetings were a little less than clear. I think more people left feeling confused than satisfied with the information. Questions were not clear, perhaps because the entire situation isn't being made clear. Emotions were running high, some people were incredibly rude, others frustrated, trying to hear the questions being asked, the same questions, over and over.

I think the worst part was our international uaw reps taking the defensive about the upset people, rather than being empathetic and saying "hey, this is not right, and we are gonna fight for wixom people!"<<<<that is the old school uaw, that exists no more. These guys are not worried at all about you. They are safe, and honestly thought that having these four plants put onto the flowback list was an accomplishment. It is a slap in the face.

However, that is life, and life sucks. Ford Motor Company wants to downsize, and they will. And they do not care how they do it. The money spent on buyouts is minimal in the overall picture. If you don't go now, you will be forced out later, unless you have some good seniority.

If you sign up for flowback, the company is saying that they will place you at other facilities if there are openings due to buyouts. If you ride it out, you will be laid off at the end of may, (unless the appeal for Gen is approved,) (which doesn't seem wise) and then on layoff you will have preferential placement.

Yet, if the flowback people are sent to other locations, prior to closing the plant, then that means chances are there won't be any openings. And then again, it all rides on the buy out numbers. Not to mention, with the truck plant losing a shift, in april, then those folks that get pushed out will be on lay off, have preferential placement, and will fill the buyout openings first, before any flowback.

Ask yourself: "Is the company/wixom mgmt going to keep the people who have signed up for buyouts, until the end of may in order to accomodate the flowback people? Or are they going to push the people out that want out, and deal with the upset hopefuls?" I believe the latter. Just an opinion, however. I find it hard to believe that Wixom mgmt would keep anybody who has signed up for a buyout if they are not on a critical operation.They are about 43% over manned right now. I think they will get all buyout people out first. That will make people mad, true, but what are you gonna do? The bargaining committee is not, cannot, will not, do anything about it. And as you seen today, int'l is merely putting on a front. Answering contractual questions. Everything answered today is already available, but people need to be walked through it, and the reps couldn't even do that right.

Ford does not care, you have to care about yourself, pull up your boot straps and get going.

Good Luck Wixom Hopefuls.....

The informational meetings were a little less than clear. I think more people left feeling confused than satisfied with the information. Questions were not clear, perhaps because the entire situation isn't being made clear. Emotions were running high, some people were incredibly rude, others frustrated, trying to hear the questions being asked, the same questions, over and over.

I think the worst part was our international uaw reps taking the defensive about the upset people, rather than being empathetic and saying "hey, this is not right, and we are gonna fight for wixom people!"<<<<that is the old school uaw, that exists no more. These guys are not worried at all about you. They are safe, and honestly thought that having these four plants put onto the flowback list was an accomplishment. It is a slap in the face.

However, that is life, and life sucks. Ford Motor Company wants to downsize, and they will. And they do not care how they do it. The money spent on buyouts is minimal in the overall picture. If you don't go now, you will be forced out later, unless you have some good seniority.

If you sign up for flowback, the company is saying that they will place you at other facilities if there are openings due to buyouts. If you ride it out, you will be laid off at the end of may, (unless the appeal for Gen is approved,) (which doesn't seem wise) and then on layoff you will have preferential placement.

Yet, if the flowback people are sent to other locations, prior to closing the plant, then that means chances are there won't be any openings. And then again, it all rides on the buy out numbers. Not to mention, with the truck plant losing a shift, in april, then those folks that get pushed out will be on lay off, have preferential placement, and will fill the buyout openings first, before any flowback.

Ask yourself: "Is the company/wixom mgmt going to keep the people who have signed up for buyouts, until the end of may in order to accomodate the flowback people? Or are they going to push the people out that want out, and deal with the upset hopefuls?" I believe the latter. Just an opinion, however. I find it hard to believe that Wixom mgmt would keep anybody who has signed up for a buyout if they are not on a critical operation.They are about 43% over manned right now. I think they will get all buyout people out first. That will make people mad, true, but what are you gonna do? The bargaining committee is not, cannot, will not, do anything about it. And as you seen today, int'l is merely putting on a front. Answering contractual questions. Everything answered today is already available, but people need to be walked through it, and the reps couldn't even do that right.

Ford does not care, you have to care about yourself, pull up your boot straps and get going.

We have the same problem here at NAP no one is telling us any thing either[it's hard to look for another job,when you have no idea when your being let go jan.1-sept 1,of course we here know that more than likely it will be more like april or may,but you really still can't activily search for a job]i personally think they will have a better understanding after signup ends and also the number of people willing to transfer,what i personally believe will happen is they'll let the top 500 in senority go followed by the transfers and then on a month to month basis start letting the rest go and bring in the tpt's that have allready been through orentation to back fill workers leaving

Signing the flow back will in theory speed things up, the high seniority that sign-up will be placed on where they selected to go, so, there won't be any indecision or choosing.

I'm guessing, but under normal circumstances any job offers could be turned down, then in turn being offered to each employee, by seniority, until it reaches the person at the bottom, who then, doesn't have a choice and would have to go? (In- zone) ) (The flow-back changes this process?)

Ford employee's at ACH plants that sign for flow-back are almost at the bottom of the list for placement. One 1/2 of a point (8.5) out of 9, with number 9 for placement, being a new-hire. WTF!!!

Edited by Shortimer

You get one shot at flowback. If you say no to your first placement, there is no second choice. ;)

I'm refering to what would normally take place before there was this flowback process?

This flow-back process doesn't even make sense to me? Shouldn't it all be based on seniority. What I'm saying is, the ACH plants are down at the bottom for placement, even though, they all know, they're going to close by 2008.

So let everyone sign for flow back then go by seniority, closed plants, laid-off people etc. Is it fair that someone with 2yrs seniority at a plant thats closing now gets placed, when someone at an ACH with 20yrs, is out of a job, when their plant is closed 1-2 years later? :banghead: BS

I'm not at work. Kids had a half day, and wife had to work.

Ohio State didn't win that game. The referee and his farce personal foul penalty did. ;)

Just like a Michigan fan to not be able to accept a loss. What did you want, for us to turn the ball over one more time. We gave you enough chances and your boys couldn't get it done. Helmet to helmet is a penalty check your rule book.

• 1 month later...

Well, looks like I was right. Wixom mgmt is going to have all buyout people who are not essential to production gone by march 1. So much for making sure flowback folks actually flowback...

Also, this thread is old, no new flowback meeting, in case someone gets confused.

Just wanted to reflect on some earlier thoughts. There are more tlo's for monday with feb 1 seperation dates.

Edited by WixomRealityCheck

The reflection...........

Edited by WixomRealityCheck

did they give you any handouts ? or any real info that happened ?

I'm refering to what would normally take place before there was this flowback process?

This flow-back process doesn't even make sense to me? Shouldn't it all be based on seniority. What I'm saying is, the ACH plants are down at the bottom for placement, even though, they all know, they're going to close by 2008.

So let everyone sign for flow back then go by seniority, closed plants, laid-off people etc. Is it fair that someone with 2yrs seniority at a plant thats closing now gets placed, when someone at an ACH with 20yrs, is out of a job, when their plant is closed 1-2 years later? :banghead: BS

Short,

Was your plant ever offered an opportunity to transfer at all? Over the last three years when Ford was selling all parts plants?

At Monroe Visteon, we were offered 3 times at least .......That was three years ago though, when all the rumors were beggining to fly about getting out while the getting was good.....Back then I got out and went to another plant. Just wondering if you all were canvassed to leave back then.

Well, looks like I was right. Wixom mgmt is going to have all buyout people who are not essential to production gone by march 1. So much for making sure flowback folks actually flowback...

More TLO's today. They will have effective date of 2/1/07 for their packages. Also, there was a letter that went out this week requesting people that are taking retirement packages who are interested in going out in March to contact Labor Relations. :o :titanic: