KY neighborhoods

IndyFSBO

Before anyone slams me let me state that I UNDERSTAND THAT FLOW BACK TO KTP IS NOT A GIVEN!

But in the event that this happens, I would like to be aware of the areas that are recommended for house hunting. Schools are not an issue (college age children). My husband drives 45 min. now, so anything within or less drive time than that is our goal. Any POSITIVE info would be appreciated.

Before anyone slams me let me state that I UNDERSTAND THAT FLOW BACK TO KTP IS NOT A GIVEN!

But in the event that this happens, I would like to be aware of the areas that are recommended for house hunting. Schools are not an issue (college age children). My husband drives 45 min. now, so anything within or less drive time than that is our goal. Any POSITIVE info would be appreciated.

Alot of people have their hopes up for coming to Ktp. We only had 1251 sign up and if 1/2 take it, I would be suprise. When (and we know it's coming) C.O.A. comes in the plant, we are slated to lose approx. 500 jobs. I don't see anyone flowing back to Ktp. I could be wrong as this is just my opinion. But we did turn in Tpt/Tft sheets to hire people to come in at $15 per hour. I'd say when the dust settles, we won't have much flowback here if any.

That being said, this plant is located to where you can get to it in 20 minutes from Jefferson County areas such as Middletown, Jeffersontown, and Lyndon, and Oldham County areas such as Prospect, Buckner, and Crestwood and you could like in Southern Indiana and on a good day could make it in 25 minutes. Alot of options. Hope that helps some and good luck to ya.

Alot of people have their hopes up for coming to Ktp. We only had 1251 sign up and if 1/2 take it, I would be suprise. When (and we know it's coming) C.O.A. comes in the plant, we are slated to lose approx. 500 jobs. I don't see anyone flowing back to Ktp. I could be wrong as this is just my opinion. But we did turn in Tpt/Tft sheets to hire people to come in at $15 per hour. I'd say when the dust settles, we won't have much flowback here if any.

That being said, this plant is located to where you can get to it in 20 minutes from Jefferson County areas such as Middletown, Jeffersontown, and Lyndon, and Oldham County areas such as Prospect, Buckner, and Crestwood and you could like in Southern Indiana and on a good day could make it in 25 minutes. Alot of options. Hope that helps some and good luck to ya.

isn't it crazy how differn't opinons are abound with in the ford plants...i hear what KTP1989 is saying and I do belive that he is closer to what actions are going to happen at KTP and LAP as far as flowback is concerned...our union folks are tellling us however to get ready because you will get your flowback opportunity...some by summer or sooner...i'm just confused and ready for the dust to settle... :headscratch:

KTP1989 thank you for the info. and I hear what you are saying re: flow-back. But when you are faced with the fact that you may need to move, it pays to do your research. As slowilly states, Indy is hearing a whole diff. story. Who is right, who is wrong? Well that changes daily; and I just hope that when people post on here asking such questions as I, that all will respond with respect and not doom and gloom. Workers that have signed for flow-back are no more excited about moving than maybe other plants are in getting them. But remember..."one day by the grace of God there go I".

KTP I mean no dis-respect and I thank you for responding, but I think all that have signed for KTP know the SLIM chances and they do not need reminded. In fact I think they all know the SLIM chances of flow-back all together.

KTP1989 thank you for the info. and I hear what you are saying re: flow-back. But when you are faced with the fact that you may need to move, it pays to do your research. As slowilly states, Indy is hearing a whole diff. story. Who is right, who is wrong? Well that changes daily; and I just hope that when people post on here asking such questions as I, that all will respond with respect and not doom and gloom. Workers that have signed for flow-back are no more excited about moving than maybe other plants are in getting them. But remember..."one day by the grace of God there go I".

KTP I mean no dis-respect and I thank you for responding, but I think all that have signed for KTP know the SLIM chances and they do not need reminded. In fact I think they all know the SLIM chances of flow-back all together.

I wish you the best of luck and I hope everyone gets a flowback. If you guys do make it down here, drop me a private email and I'll lend a hand anyway I can. Good Luck to you. Like I said, just my opinion on these issues. Nothing is for sure with this company. Good Luck to you.

If your looking to live in an older part of town I would recommed Westend or Portland.. Goodluck

Homerhero please dont get me wrong theres good people in those areas i married on from portland but he would never move back there right now . the westend is the worst crime area we have and id say the housing sucks ......im in valley station lots think there are lots of red necks here i dont know im not a red neck .. but theres great little league around here

I wish you the best of luck and I hope everyone gets a flowback. If you guys do make it down here, drop me a private email and I'll lend a hand anyway I can. Good Luck to you. Like I said, just my opinion on these issues. Nothing is for sure with this company. Good Luck to you.

Thank you! Wonder if Mark's wife ever had to do research on neighborhoods?

Myself I would look in the surrounding counties of Jefferson(KTP,LAP are in Jeff co.) Traffic,crime,taxes are lower, tho these counties are growing as Jeff. Co expands. The counties to the East, Oldham, Shelby and Henry are all within your time limits but run higher in price than counties to the West/South, Hardin,Meade,Bullit. With the expansion of Fort Knox in the next three years there are alot of nice homes being built in Meade and Hardin Co.s

Good luck with your search

If your looking to live in an older part of town I would recommed Westend or Portland.. Goodluck

Yea right, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID

Myself I would look in the surrounding counties of Jefferson(KTP,LAP are in Jeff co.) Traffic,crime,taxes are lower, tho these counties are growing as Jeff. Co expands. The counties to the East, Oldham, Shelby and Henry are all within your time limits but run higher in price than counties to the West/South, Hardin,Meade,Bullit. With the expansion of Fort Knox in the next three years there are alot of nice homes being built in Meade and Hardin Co.s

Good luck with your search

All good areas, but she stated that she wanted to cut down on her husbands drive of 45 minutes. Hell, Fort Knox, Hardin and Meade don't cut off any of his driving time at all.

Yea right, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID

All good areas, but she stated that she wanted to cut down on her husbands drive of 45 minutes. Hell, Fort Knox, Hardin and Meade don't cut off any of his driving time at all.

Yeah I goofed I was thinking in LAP terms, the counties to the west would be 60-75 min drive but well worth looking into-my .02

Yeah I goofed I was thinking in LAP terms, the counties to the west would be 60-75 min drive but well worth looking into-my .02

No doubt great areas and much cheaper to obtain property and housing, but she said wanted it under 45 to cut back on the drive. But those are up and coming and nice areas.