Can We Transfer to Brazil?

Dakota Kid

FoMoCo is loosing money, so they say. Yet we hear the stories about misuse of corporate jets. The buyout packages are thrown at us then the company turns around and hires us back or hires replacement workers that will run quality into the ground. Skills Trades are coming back to their job only now employed by an outside contractor, for basically the same pay. But don't you suppose that contractor is going to make money? So really it is costing Ford more for skilled trades than before.

After it's all said and done, there's still money to invest billions in Mexico, a couple billion in a diesel plant in India and now billions to buy a truck plant in Brazil. It's not about downsizing to match market demand, it's not cost and don't think it's healthcare. It's about breaking the unions. It's about cheap labor. It's about corporate greed. If Ford would sell a million or so more vehicals per year, provided they had products the public wanted, they probably wouldn't be on this slippery slope.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/fn/4445401.html

I thought this article by George Will was interesting. Do you suppose the bigs shots read these articles? This is an example of several similiar articles we've all read. If the general population sees this, why does there seem to be so much arrogance by Ford leadership, not to heed some of this advice? I'm just a little worker bee that's been around long enough to see the problem, know how it should work but probably don't know exactly how to accomplish this turn-around. But then again the company wouldn't listen anyway, so I'll just keep making wax.

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/opini...cle_1395871.php

Good Luck to those that didn't take the money when they had the chance.

FoMoCo is loosing money, so they say. Yet we hear the stories about misuse of corporate jets. The buyout packages are thrown at us then the company turns around and hires us back or hires replacement workers that will run quality into the ground. Skills Trades are coming back to their job only now employed by an outside contractor, for basically the same pay. But don't you suppose that contractor is going to make money? So really it is costing Ford more for skilled trades than before.

After it's all said and done, there's still money to invest billions in Mexico, a couple billion in a diesel plant in India and now billions to buy a truck plant in Brazil. It's not about downsizing to match market demand, it's not cost and don't think it's healthcare. It's about breaking the unions. It's about cheap labor. It's about corporate greed. If Ford would sell a million or so more vehicals per year, provided they had products the public wanted, they probably wouldn't be on this slippery slope.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/fn/4445401.html

I thought this article by George Will was interesting. Do you suppose the bigs shots read these articles? This is an example of several similiar articles we've all read. If the general population sees this, why does there seem to be so much arrogance by Ford leadership, not to heed some of this advice? I'm just a little worker bee that's been around long enough to see the problem, know how it should work but probably don't know exactly how to accomplish this turn-around. But then again the company wouldn't listen anyway, so I'll just keep making wax.

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/opini...cle_1395871.php

Good Luck to those that didn't take the money when they had the chance.

Haven't you watched The Simpsons, Brazil is the most disgusting place in the world!