2008 SuperDuty Ad Campaign

SixGun

Does anyone know when Ford plans to unleash to new SuperDuty ads? If it takes any longer they may as well buy some Super Bowl time and do it there. Just curious, but I can't find anything on it. I drove by my local dealer here in Clarksville, TN and they still had not received any trucks.

It's still pretty amazing at the number of potential buyers that don't know that a new model is coming!

Does it have anything to do with the inventories of the 2007's? I didn't think about that until I drove by the Ford lot and saw that the dealer just aquired about 15 new 2007's.

Does anyone know when Ford plans to unleash to new SuperDuty ads? If it takes any longer they may as well buy some Super Bowl time and do it there. Just curious, but I can't find anything on it. I drove by my local dealer here in Clarksville, TN and they still had not received any trucks.

It's still pretty amazing at the number of potential buyers that don't know that a new model is coming!

Does it have anything to do with the inventories of the 2007's? I didn't think about that until I drove by the Ford lot and saw that the dealer just aquired about 15 new 2007's.

I'm sure it has to do with making sure they sell the 07's. Also, why advertise a vehicle you can't buy yet? Sure you'll get some orders, but advertise the car once it's on the lots, that way people can actually stop by and test drive one.

Most dealers around here have been out of 07's for some time or have only configurations most do not want. They are having trucks shipped in from other parts of the country. Nearly 50% of the market in Texas is 4x4 Lariats CC ShortBox loaded and they are a rare find. It appears there has been a little "uptick" in pricing for 06/07 (new and used): 1. They have proven to be reliable and 2. The slight shortage of units

One dealer told me the SuperBowl is supposed to be a big splash for the 08; but that now is 3 week old info, who knows. They also said they really did not expect significant numbers of the 08's till mid February.........again that was all before the law suit thing.