HVC Transfers

SLAP SPARKIE

I remain hopeful. By our flowback "book" 18 people had Houston as their first choice, 22 for Fort Worth, 24 for Evansville, 11 for Portland, 1 for Hartford and 6 for Ontario. There were lots of people who signd up for Phoenix, Greensboro, Lakeland and Memphis of course. So we'll see. If I keep rolling down the list I should end up in one of them !!!!

If they are planning the flowbacks for March 1st, by my estimation they should be informing people by Feb 8th....3weeks notice right ?????

I remain hopeful. By our flowback "book" 18 people had Houston as their first choice, 22 for Fort Worth, 24 for Evansville, 11 for Portland, 1 for Hartford and 6 for Ontario. There were lots of people who signd up for Phoenix, Greensboro, Lakeland and Memphis of course. So we'll see. If I keep rolling down the list I should end up in one of them !!!!

If they are planning the flowbacks for March 1st, by my estimation they should be informing people by Feb 8th....3weeks notice right ?????

Sacramento and Hartford may have temps. Good Luck.

At Indy we heard this week that "FLOWBACK" would be wrapped up during the week of the 10th and that Chair's\Presidents would have info during the week of the 12th. We all know that rumors are what they are but this was confirmed through the International as I understand it. What have you heard concerning the 3 weeks notice? We need to share as much info as possible, however, like always when someone gives you info your local should try to investigate as much as possible to confirm acuracy before sharing with our members. They are in a very fragile state of mind and false info is the worst kind. To Monroe: Great work on the list!! It is just a shame that the info came via BLUE OVAL and not through networking with Chair's\Presidents but I do understand why.

Hey keep your head up.All I can say is Ft.Worth will be Filled through the bids,Evansville may be filled through the bids it will be close there,Portland will be available for flowback,Ontario CA will be available to flowback,Phoenix will be filled through bids,Greensboro will be filled through bids,lakeland will be filled through bids,Memphis has alot of people going there through bids but they had the most spots available (46) so it might see some through flowback.Denver will be filled through bids,Hartford may be filled through flowback.Sacramento may be open to flowback,Houston maybe open to flowback but I doubt it.

Also if you think your going to get 3 weeks your crazy.We haven't got the results of the bid back yet and were going on our 3rd week you kow at most they are going to give one week 5 working days.

I spoke directly with the local president of the Denver HVC on Feb 1, 07 to discuss openings. He told me that he had six openings with ONE definately filled and one on the fence due to "medical" issues. It would be the companies call on whether or not they would let that individual transfer. If they do not, that leaves 5 openings. He also said that ONE person might be leaving on a return to work/home flowback, which of course bumps the number back to six again in my scenario.

I also noticed something on the posted flowback sheets in my facility (Monroe, Mi.) that I thought was interesting. ONE of the names listed, just after mine in most cases, took the buyout and no longer works for Ford. It made me wonder how many people on any of the lists were actually still employed? What I'm driving at is you may be #10 on the paper list, but in actuality you may be #7 due to buyouts who were NOT removed. Just something to ponder....

Back to Denver....I just thought it was ironic that I am #7 overall to flowback to the Denver HVC and they have 6 positions available. I've signed up for that damn place everytime it was offered!! Occording to the local pres., I would be #4 in plant seniority, lol. I'm still hopefull though, anything can happen...

By the way, the local president in Denver seems to be a really great guy. He transfered from Mich. three years ago. He told me to let him know when I'm being transfered and that he would have a place for me to stay and would show me the best apartments in the area. He also said that he understands I will need time off to get my sh** together and that he would accomodate me in any way that he could. That really took a load off my mind and set me at ease. I thought that I would be treated with some disdain and hesitated for days to even make the call. So if you make it to Denver before me, congratulations, you're getting into a great place. You BASTARD!!! :banghead:

I spoke directly with the local president of the Denver HVC on Feb 1, 07 to discuss openings. He told me that he had six openings with ONE definately filled and one on the fence due to "medical" issues. It would be the companies call on whether or not they would let that individual transfer. If they do not, that leaves 5 openings. He also said that ONE person might be leaving on a return to work/home flowback, which of course bumps the number back to six again in my scenario.

I also noticed something on the posted flowback sheets in my facility (Monroe, Mi.) that I thought was interesting. ONE of the names listed, just after mine in most cases, took the buyout and no longer works for Ford. It made me wonder how many people on any of the lists were actually still employed? What I'm driving at is you may be #10 on the paper list, but in actuality you may be #7 due to buyouts who were NOT removed. Just something to ponder....

Back to Denver....I just thought it was ironic that I am #7 overall to flowback to the Denver HVC and they have 6 positions available. I've signed up for that damn place everytime it was offered!! Occording to the local pres., I would be #4 in plant seniority, lol. I'm still hopefull though, anything can happen...

By the way, the local president in Denver seems to be a really great guy. He transfered from Mich. three years ago. He told me to let him know when I'm being transfered and that he would have a place for me to stay and would show me the best apartments in the area. He also said that he understands I will need time off to get my sh** together and that he would accomodate me in any way that he could. That really took a load off my mind and set me at ease. I thought that I would be treated with some disdain and hesitated for days to even make the call. So if you make it to Denver before me, congratulations, you're getting into a great place. You BASTARD!!! :banghead:

I am that one definit that he talked about,the other is someone at my facility and I also know another for sure at St.Louis.

Are you sure you are not talking about the building Chairman,Nick Tengler instead of the president of the local?

I am that one definit that he talked about,the other is someone at my facility and I also know another for sure at St.Louis.

Are you sure you are not talking about the building Chairman,Nick Tengler instead of the president of the local?

You're correct, it was Nick Tengler the building chairman. My seniority is 4/17/90 for those who care. Any other information would be helpful, trying to gear up for the move.

I signed up for the bid to go to Phoenix. Theres only 2 spots so I hope I get one of them. I know its a longshot though. I hope my 18 and a half years is enough.

Did you make it to Denver and if so may I ask when you report.

I got the Denver job.Haven't got a report date yet.There HR rep hasn't got back to my HR rep yet.Hopefully I will get it by the end of the week.She has told us to ready to report either the 19th or the 26th.

I am ready to go right now.

I got the Denver job.Haven't got a report date yet.There HR rep hasn't got back to my HR rep yet.Hopefully I will get it by the end of the week.She has told us to ready to report either the 19th or the 26th.

I am ready to go right now.

Good luck to you. You are about to enter a whole different FORD world. Enjoy it.

You bastard! I hoped you would be transferred back to the Detroit area. :(

Well, congrats anyway! I can see it now. Daily treks to tour the Coors brewery resulting in multiple arrests. :lol:

You remember Jeff McBee?He worked on the bumper press,he works out there at Coors!!!You know the beer is free on the tour right?Love it!!!!