Education buyout and child support..

tetrahydro

Hello,

To anyone taking an education buyout and whom will be attending College full time. How can we plan to continue paying the same amount for support, or should we get it reduced?

I have 2 separate cases of support. I would like to fully dedicate myself to my studies when I start College this fall.

( I think child support will take 65% of my stipend which I'm still waiting for) The amount I receive from my stipend even IF I take a part time job I will not be able to keep up with the amount I am currently suppose to pay for support.

Ask the court to lower it. After all, you're making less money now, so your support payments should be lower.

You are entering into a very grey are here. Some courts were holding Dads accountable for the full support amount since they voluntarily quit thier job. I have seen this more then once here in Missouri with guys who quit FoMoco to take lower paying jobs for whatever personal reason.

One man was on nights with little chance for days for 4 or 5 years so he quit and took a lower paying job so he could spend more time with his kids. Another just was not happy at Ford after 2 years. He quit and went into the construction field as a brick layer. Niether were granted a reduction, two seperate judges ruled the same way citing the same reason. The children should not have to suffer a lower standard of living because their dad chose to quit his job and take a lower paying one.

Once you become divorced or a father you loose certain rights that those who are married or do not have children have, the freedom to chose how you will live YOUR life.

I am not going to argue with anyone on this issue, if you have read any of my posts over the year or so you know I am adamantly opposed to the way the courts and the States treat those of us who are Non-custodial parents, which over 90% of are men, hence the reason child support collection laws are commonly refered to as Deadbeat Dad laws.

We are treated as second class citizens whose right to chose how we live aor life is taken away and dictated to us by our children's mother through the courts in the name of our children. Everytime you try to fight the system to reduce your support you are treated as some heartless animal who is trying to starve your own children.

Truth is, the laws are outdated and quite frankly discriminitory. A woman is considered to able to any job a man can do and to issure this there are equal opportunity laws on the books to insure this. That being the case why then does every court seem to grant custody to women, despite those of us (men) who seek custody. Are we in some way unable to raise childern? Is this soley a woman's job?

I wish you the best of luck, truely I do, in your attempt to get it reduced. I have been fighting for 2 years to get mine reduced despite the fact that my order used a 56 hour work week to compute my obligation and I have been laid off since March 2006 and have not worked those hours since 2003.

Good Luck and God Bless.

Good Luck and God Bless.

Thanks for the response.

I agree with you about how the laws are unfair, and outdated. For that reason I chose to make my decision to take the education buyout before looking into to what the consequences would be for my support amount. I based my choice on what I believe was a moral decision. My children will still have good insurance, they will still get a decent amount of money from the stipend alone, etc.. And their father(me) will have a College education; that in itself should reflect a positive influence when their time comes to make a decision for further education.

I am going to try and ask the mothers of my daughters if we could agree on a lower modification of support to take to the Mediators at the court. If we cant agree I will still try to ask the court to re-evaluate my support. If I am unable to get the amount changed; I will still be paying half my stipend to them, and if I pick up any part time job I'm sure they will receive half of that also. The difference will just go into arrears as I see it.