Dave Deboot--AAI Float??

flint

Dave,

Can you enlighten us as to why there is over 100 days float on the mustang and over 200 days on the mazda?? Knowing the contract talks are coming up and also how AAI has a few departments that management wants to outsource, this ridiculous float is making alot of people think the company is preparing for "something." Whats your insight, and is the union questioning this? Also, with such a high float, why has our production number recently gone up?? :banghead:

Dave,

Can you enlighten us as to why there is over 100 days float on the mustang and over 200 days on the mazda?? Knowing the contract talks are coming up and also how AAI has a few departments that management wants to outsource, this ridiculous float is making alot of people think the company is preparing for "something." Whats your insight, and is the union questioning this? Also, with such a high float, why has our production number recently gone up?? :banghead:

Dave or any union rep with insight??

did you try calling him?

Seriously, though, you have that much float on the lots! that's a lot of cars! If you have 200 days of mazdas you must be close to being done for the model year? Are you only running 8 hours? I had heard you were doing 9.

Also, did you used to be at van dyke? any word on coming back? heard you guys might get one more chance to return. We will probably need some more people in the late fall. maybe a little sooner.

did you try calling him?

Seriously, though, you have that much float on the lots! that's a lot of cars! If you have 200 days of mazdas you must be close to being done for the model year? Are you only running 8 hours? I had heard you were doing 9.

Also, did you used to be at van dyke? any word on coming back? heard you guys might get one more chance to return. We will probably need some more people in the late fall. maybe a little sooner.

When it comes to calling Dave-"Fugetaboudit!"

Yeah-alot of us are looking foward to returning to Van Dyke-although from what I hear there are some at Van Dyke protesting it. Keep me informed on here if you could. Are there still people in Gen?

Did you ever notice how miserable the information flow is at AAI? Everything is a state secret in this place. The union never knows anything, management never knows anything, just a sea of rumors. Rumor has it that we will be going to eight hours starting next week, but that rumor has been going around for six weeks now. We have some sort of state of the plant meeting today, and I'm sure it will be the usual quality sucks, attendence sucks, no new products coming our way, were bleeding money......line starts in one minute. AAI makes no sense.

Dave,

Dave or any union rep with insight??

Flint,

The companys goal is to only keep a 60 day supply of units. So, with that in mind , we are actually only 40 days over the bench mark.

I would not get alarmed over this. As far as the Mazda is concerned, its my understanding that Mazda contracts x amount of cars to be built here at AAI regardless of the inventory..........If I am interpeting this wrong, Please some one correct me...But this is my understanding....

Did you ever notice how miserable the information flow is at AAI? Everything is a state secret in this place. The union never knows anything, management never knows anything, just a sea of rumors. Rumor has it that we will be going to eight hours starting next week, but that rumor has been going around for six weeks now. We have some sort of state of the plant meeting today, and I'm sure it will be the usual quality sucks, attendence sucks, no new products coming our way, were bleeding money......line starts in one minute. AAI makes no sense.

Wondering,

The latest info that I have is March and April. will be 8 hrs. There is not enough orders to fill the month of May. The Company is considering two down weeks in May (the last two)...As far as the information flow at AAI, I understand your frustration, however you have to realize all the factors involved. We are dealing with buyouts, return to basic units, job bids , TPT employees coming into this plant, we are preparing for Local Contract resilutions, and how to meet the 18.7 man hrs per unit that the Company wants to reach as there goalto be Competative There is a lot of info to be had at the Union Meetings. Do you attend?

Yeah-alot of us are looking foward to returning to Van Dyke-although from what I hear there are some at Van Dyke protesting it. Keep me informed on here if you could. Are there still people in Gen?

I'm sorry I did not get back with you all. Flint I meet you tonight after the the town hall. I told you what I been doing. If you have any other question please fell free to get with me. The rest of the week I will be in meeting. I will be in my office Friday night around 6 pm stop in and see me. We have a big task ahead of us and its going to take a lot of time so we can save jobs in the plant. I will do my best to keep everyone updated here and in the plant with letters. Fish just touched on some of the things.....

Have a good one

Dave

I'm sorry I did not get back with you all. Flint I meet you tonight after the the town hall. I told you what I been doing. If you have any other question please fell free to get with me. The rest of the week I will be in meeting. I will be in my office Friday night around 6 pm stop in and see me. We have a big task ahead of us and its going to take a lot of time so we can save jobs in the plant. I will do my best to keep everyone updated here and in the plant with letters. Fish just touched on some of the things.....

Have a good one

Dave

Thanks Dave. I hope this all works out for all of us. I'll look foward to any info you put out at work. Good luck with the whole "Joe Hindrichs" thing. That's a scary situation considering what happened at St. Louis.

Actually, no I don't attend, I live over an hour away from Flat Rock, and being on B shift, I take every minute that I can to be with my family. A person would have to live in a cave to not realize all of the factors involved, just like every other plant is going through. I'm not terribly well traveled, this is only my third plant; but the overall information flow at this plant just flat out sucks. Even the simple things like picking up our fly swatters and sand pails at the educational fair, most of us never even knew it was going on. It could just be my little corner of paradise thats kept in the dark, but thats not the impression that I get.

BTW, thanks for the info on the down weeks, I asked tonight about down time in May and was told the first week in June, and an extra week after shutdown. :shrug:

Wondering,

The latest info that I have is March and April. will be 8 hrs. There is not enough orders to fill the month of May. The Company is considering two down weeks in May (the last two)...As far as the information flow at AAI, I understand your frustration, however you have to realize all the factors involved. We are dealing with buyouts, return to basic units, job bids , TPT employees coming into this plant, we are preparing for Local Contract resilutions, and how to meet the 18.7 man hrs per unit that the Company wants to reach as there goalto be Competative There is a lot of info to be had at the Union Meetings. Do you attend?

Hey, still gen, about 80 to 90. it changes each week, with people going out to cover training, and stuff. they just put tag relief on the 6f line and that took about 15 out. tag will probably be suspended once second shift goes up in april or may. depends on demand from chicago. but that should empty production gen for the most part.

Two people in gen got fired this week, and one on the floor. Floor person was supposedly drug related. gen's got in a fight over who had the right to sit in a certain chair in a big room full of chairs. go figure!.

Yes there has been some resentful talk here about more people coming back. the idea is that you had a chance and didn't take it, now that things look better here you want to jump ship and come back. I hope everyone who wants to come back does. I spent four months at flat rock and am very happy to be back. If you can get another chance to come home, then why not go for it. Modzelewski just won the chairman election, but I think regular scheduled elections are this summer. Romero quit his spot to take the health and safety position. new midrange line is being built very fast, lots of bad things happening to the skilled trades though. About 50 salary leaving next week, bill amrin, greg campbell, wally, jim mcdunough, lots of computer systems staff, etc.

that's the latest news and gossip from here.

have a good one!

latest news today, april 16 new date for second shift 6f. Jan o8 mid range machining.

Edited by mechanic

Hey, still gen, about 80 to 90. it changes each week, with people going out to cover training, and stuff. they just put tag relief on the 6f line and that took about 15 out. tag will probably be suspended once second shift goes up in april or may. depends on demand from chicago. but that should empty production gen for the most part.

Two people in gen got fired this week, and one on the floor. Floor person was supposedly drug related. gen's got in a fight over who had the right to sit in a certain chair in a big room full of chairs. go figure!.

Yes there has been some resentful talk here about more people coming back. the idea is that you had a chance and didn't take it, now that things look better here you want to jump ship and come back. I hope everyone who wants to come back does. I spent four months at flat rock and am very happy to be back. If you can get another chance to come home, then why not go for it. Modzelewski just won the chairman election, but I think regular scheduled elections are this summer. Romero quit his spot to take the health and safety position. new midrange line is being built very fast, lots of bad things happening to the skilled trades though. About 50 salary leaving next week, bill amrin, greg campbell, wally, jim mcdunough, lots of computer systems staff, etc.

that's the latest news and gossip from here.

have a good one!

latest news today, april 16 new date for second shift 6f. Jan o8 mid range machining.

[/quote

Thanks for all the info.

I suppose I can see why some people dont want us back-but I do feel we all were misled. We were told if you come back you will be laid off and possibly unemployed. The tiny lay off you all received was not anything near what the union was telling us. So, alot of us thought we were doing the sensible thing by staying, while the ones that left were leaving knowing they would be not working. Whatever. Sounds like alot is going on there, same here at AAI. We had our meeting more or less telling us that our jobs are at stake. We are partially to blame for not voting in the attendance policy-so they say. Also, we got the new Mazda, but no word yet on the stang. All is up in the air for all of us if Ford doesnt sell cars. Anyway-good luck there and thanks!