Sirius Subscription???

ELlover

Does anyone know how long the free sirius subscription was for? Im sure its changed over the past few months so this question would be for those that bought their Expy's when they first came out. I remember it being 6 months? I've had it longer then 6 months now and it didnt turn off, which I am not complaining but I am wondering if I was wrong about the time frame.

Thanks

It's supposed to be 6 months and I'm sure (in theory) that the clock starts once you take delivery. Just be careful that you don't get a bill in the mail for the extra service. I wonder if you're supposed to be the one that cancels it (a la the dirty trick AOL played on people about 10 years ago - they gave you a free trial but if you didn't cancel it, they started automatically charging you).

Dave

They cannot send you bill unless they have a credit card on file. I have a subscrition through sirius and typically you will lose most of your channels except the preview channel and a couple of sample channels until you are totally activated.

At that point you may get a letter encouraging you to purchase a subscription. When I purchased my Infiniti, they waived the "activation" fee, so I would think that Ford will be in the same boat. I love Sirius!! I have 3 tuners and will add a 4th subscrition once my 6 months are up through Ford.

Does anyone know how long the free sirius subscription was for? Im sure its changed over the past few months so this question would be for those that bought their Expy's when they first came out. I remember it being 6 months? I've had it longer then 6 months now and it didnt turn off, which I am not complaining but I am wondering if I was wrong about the time frame.

Thanks

Hello Tiffiny:

I'm not here to answer your question because I do not have a clue. I guess I am going to make myself look like an idiot but here goes.

I have never researched Sirius and really do not know what it offers and why I would want it. However, with everyone else seeming to have it and enjoying it I thought I would get you girls and guys to tell me about it.

I know it has something to do with satellite radio, but that's all I know. Why do people want this ? I love my expy radio and the sound it produces. Does the Sirius make it even better or does it just enable you to get more stations ? How much does it cost ? What makes it worth a price ?

Want to see if I want it after hearing from you.

Thanks, Mike

Edited by proman

Hey Mike, you dont sound like an idiot at all. I love Sirius, hubby likes XM. Satellite radio sounds 1000% times better than FM, as good as CD's. I like in the canyons so I dont get very good reception with FM so I am now spoiled. Sirius was $195 when the Expy was built and I think its less than $10 a month. You should go to Sirius.com and try their 3 day pass to check out the stations. You can add it to your car and just plug it into the stereo system and it would sound just as good. Some prefer Xm and some prefer Siruis, I also heard a rumor that they might merge.

Hope this helps some...

Hey Mike, you dont sound like an idiot at all. I love Sirius, hubby likes XM. Satellite radio sounds 1000% times better than FM, as good as CD's. I like in the canyons so I dont get very good reception with FM so I am now spoiled. Sirius was $195 when the Expy was built and I think its less than $10 a month. You should go to Sirius.com and try their 3 day pass to check out the stations. You can add it to your car and just plug it into the stereo system and it would sound just as good. Some prefer Xm and some prefer Siruis, I also heard a rumor that they might merge.

Hope this helps some...

Good Morning Tiffiny:

Thank you for explaining this to me. I will do some research and see if I would like this. I like the idea of commercial free radio. My only concern is having to buy a tuner, etc. Where would this go in the truck, would it mess up the looks of the inside of my expy ?

I guess I should have ordered Sirius when I ordered the truck. :shades:

Mike

Edited by proman

Good Morning Tiffiny:

Thank you for explaining this to me. I will do some research and see if I would like this. I like the idea of commercial free radio. My only concern is having to buy a tuner, etc. Where would this go in the truck, would it mess up the looks of the inside of my expy ?

I guess I should have ordered Sirius when I ordered the truck. :shades:

Mike

Im not 100% sure but I think it can plug into the MP3 player, I will ask my husband, he would probably know. The tuners are cheap which is good, I know some are transmitted through the FM stations but I dont think the sound quality would be as good. As far as messing up the looks, it wouldnt they are small and could be mounted on with velcro.

Well, after sending the message out I got a letter in the mail yesterday from Sirius telling me my free 6 months are almost up. I thought i already had the Expy for 6 months. :finger: So I have till Friday the 13th to renew!!! I will defenitly be renewing.

proman, the only thing about Sirius is that I get drop outs occassionally. This is mostly when I pass under certain overpasses adn the like. Its not a lot, but you should be aware of it

I get the same, but its better than static sound... In the canyons though it comes in so nice, but if you are in a underground parking or under an overpass it does go blank for that time. Usually just really quick.

I get the same, but its better than static sound... In the canyons though it comes in so nice, but if you are in a underground parking or under an overpass it does go blank for that time. Usually just really quick.

Tiff:

Is there a particular name brand of tuner that is better than others ? The Sirius website didn't really help me with that. It indicated that I could get a 3 day free trial but I figured I needed the tuner and maybe other things before I could actually use it.

Mike

proman, the only thing about Sirius is that I get drop outs occassionally. This is mostly when I pass under certain overpasses adn the like. Its not a lot, but you should be aware of it

Thanks for the info Falconman13. I think I'm going to give this a try. I love the sound of the radio in the 07 expy and Ellover indicated that the music sounds even better with the sirius.

Thanks again, Mike

Tiff:

Is there a particular name brand of tuner that is better than others ? The Sirius website didn't really help me with that. It indicated that I could get a 3 day free trial but I figured I needed the tuner and maybe other things before I could actually use it.

Mike

Hi Mike, I found these on sirius website you could probably get any of them.

http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/servlet/Ex...ldParentID=7870

The free 3 day trial is for on your computer to see if you like it.

After checking some things out I think you can have sirius installed at the dealer and it would play through your stereo since they are already set up to have them. Also best buy has an aftermarket one that can install in the car's radio.