March Midsize Crossover Sales

waymondospiff

Well, for that particular market, if someone bothered to look up the car and get off their duff to go test drive one, it means that they are pretty sure that its worth their time and its osmething that they want. Close rate means that they aren't disappointed when they get to the car and find that it is at least as good or better than its competitiors. The ones that don't get it were either looking for more performance (and likely got the Avalon) or a cheaper price (and bought a bargain basement Impala or 300 with a boat load of incentives).

But, with a close rate that high and sales that low, it means one or both of two things:

No one knows about the car (completely failed marketing initiative)

Its got a glaring defficiency that turns off most people before they bother with a test drive. As has been stated here, its got bland looks and a below par engine. Both of those were at least worked on (looks) or fixed (engine) with the latest revision.

So, now, Ford needs to do one thing. MARKET THE FREAKING CAR!

If they address those things properly, and given how low sales are at present, there's no reason that Ford can't increase the sales by at least 50% when the new model intros.

last august, i went to get a new car... i looked at the 500 and Fusion...

first took the 500 out, and well i loved it, nice SEL, nothing special.. but i didnt buy it over fusion because it

didnt have some stupid little things i like, moonroof, foglamps and i didnt care for the 17 rims on it... i know, trival stuff but hey, i want my car to look cool lol.. the 500s that did have that stuff where like 26k or higher, which i didnt want to pay.. my fusion was 22k.

but that being said, the 500 is a better car, the interior imho is second to no body, rides great, and felt as peepy as my fusion really

went to the local dealer a week or so ago, i saw a white 500 with the chrome package, 18" chrome rims, foglamps and moonroof and well, they are 23k! now, if they where around i bought my fusion i would have gotten it.. but its a great car really, just may be too boring or bland for some, but i like it..