WAYNE STAMPING ?'s

prep468k

:reading: soooooo..... I hear from some tool and die guys at Wayne Stamping, that the new focus is ridiculously behind schedule, sounds like our way backward plan is in full swing. I like to lurk , but after hearing this I just wanted to hear some other opinions on us being like 5 months behind. They were supposed to have die's in and trying out by now. But all die's are trash and stamping garbage. ;) Sounds realllllllll promising, I bet the T/D guys brought in from other plants will fix it all . LOL ;)

My dad is salaried and working on the launch. He says that Ford purchased the dies from China, and were not built to spec. They had to be totally rebuilt and reworked, and last I heard, most were done.

Sad thing is, this is not the first time this has happened, yet Ford continues to keep outsourcing them. They save some money, not a lot, on the initial die build, but end up paying close to double what it would have cost for them to be built in-house after they are fixed.

My dad fixes them , and they are nowhere near done, as they just started to arrive. But I hope that it can be solved, as a Ford Worker this will affect us all down the line. CHINA , fu*****!! China . Oh how wonderful

it's amazing that our leaders talk all of this shit about turning around. And to be "competitive" , and they turn around and purchase complete trash from our bitter frickin rivals. ....... And then push us to fix it ASAP!! So they can cut the o.t sooner :finger: :finger:

I heard that most of what Dearborn Tool and Die do now is repair the junk that Ford buys from China. Sounds like one of Don Le Clair's cost cutting moves; perhaps we out to outsource him!

I have been part of most of the previous stamping launches and never have seen a decent set of dies. It is an ugly business and Ford doesn't have a robust die development process for DT&D or their vendors. I don't care where the dies are built, they still continue to be incomplete or designed wrong.